ShellExecute Netdom Renamecomputer

UniPer

Why doesn't this work:

$netdom = '"C:\temp\netdom"'

Dim $reg = "RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Organization\Setup", "MachineSerial")
Dim $serial = "NL-"& $reg

ShellExecute ( $netdom, 'renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:"'& $serial &'"' )
Sleep (2000)
send ("{y}")
Sleep (1000)

It reads the registry, it creates the variable $serial perfectly, but it doesn't run the 'netdom' command as it should.

If someone can help me out with this that would be just great :)

Edited by UniPer

Why doesn't this work:

$netdom = '"C:\temp\netdom"'

Dim $reg = "RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Organization\Setup", "MachineSerial")
Dim $serial = "NL-"& $reg

ShellExecute ( $netdom, 'renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:"'& $serial &'"' )
Sleep (2000)
send ("{y}")
Sleep (1000)

It reads the registry, it creates the variable $serial perfectly, but it doesn't run the 'netdom' command as it should.

If someone can help me out with this that would be just great :)

eh, netdom.exe? and why the double quotes on netdom variable..

$netdom = "c:\temp\netdom.exe"oÝ÷ Ù©Ýj[(jëh×6RunWait($netdom & ' renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:'& $serial'')
Edited by skysel

Thanks for the suggestions but after I changed this I get:

C:\temp\parts\rename.au3(26,96) : ERROR: syntax error
RunWait ($netdom & ' renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:'& $serial''
oops my mistake..

RunWait($netdom & ' renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:'& $serial)

too much quotes at the end :) Besides, recheck the netdom.exe syntax.. Is that "." needed ?

too much quotes at the end Besides, recheck the netdom.exe syntax.. Is that "." needed ?

Yes, the quotes are needed :)

oops my mistake..

CODE: AutoItRunWait($netdom & ' renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:'& $serial)

Ok great :) I don't get any syntax errors anymore but the system name is not changed after running this script.

It seems that the 'netdom' command has a problem running with the /newname:&'$serial).

Normally netdom.exe will return an error message to tell me what's going wrong but...running this script I can't see any errors msg from netdom...

Yes, the quotes are needed :)

Ok great o:) I don't get any syntax errors anymore but the system name is not changed after running this script.

It seems that the 'netdom' command has a problem running with the /newname:&'$serial).

Normally netdom.exe will return an error message to tell me what's going wrong but...running this script I can't see any errors msg from netdom...

Note that your quotation mark in your reply is /newname:&'$serial), but in my example the quotation mark is in the right place. Maybe thats the problem? :)

RunWait($netdom & ' renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:'& $serial)

Sorry my mistake in my script I used it correct... so that can't be the problem...

I believe syntax you're using is wrong..

Syntax for netdom is:

NetDom renamecomputer Computer /newname:NewComputerName /userd:[Domain\]UserName [/passwordd:[Password | *]] /usero:[Domain\]UserName [/passwordo:[Password | *]] [/reboot[:Delay]] [{/help | /?}]

I think not because when I use the following command manual by typing it into a 'cmd' screen it works:

C:\temp\netdom renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:Test12345

So...netdom seems to have a problem with the '& $serial) part.

Try this I will leave the cmd window open when it finish running netdom and you can see the error.

CODE: AutoItRunWait(@ComsPec & ' /k ' & $netdom & ' renamecomputer . /UserD:admin /PasswordD:admin /newname:'& $serial)

Hehehe :) Allright...I hoped it was something serious but I recieved the message "Name allready exists on the domain" :)

So...deleted the account and you know what....IT'S WORKING o:)

Now I'm restoring the PC to basic config to test the whole script at once!

I'll let you all know!

Edited by UniPer

So that you all know: It works perfect! :)

The only problem is, what I really want is to rename the computername before joining it to the domain,

only as far as I can see, 'netdom.exe' only supports pc's that are joined to a domain.... o:)

Anybody suggestions on how to fix this? :)

Hi !

if it can help you :

$message = "Sélectionnez le fichier contenant les noms d'ordinateurs."

$var = FileOpenDialog($message, @WindowsDir & "\", "Fichiers texte (*.txt)", 1 + 2 )

If @error Then
    MsgBox(64,"","Vous n'avez sélectionné aucun fichier.")
    Exit
Else
    $var = StringReplace($var, "|", @CRLF)

$Fichier = FileOpen($var, 0)

; Check if file opened for reading OK
    If $Fichier = -1 Then
        MsgBox(16, "Erreur", "Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier.")
        Exit
    EndIf

; Read in lines of text until the EOF is reached
    While 1
        $Ligne = FileReadLine($Fichier)
        If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
        RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'netdom move ' & $Ligne & ' /Domain:freyssinet /Userd:freyssinet\adminppc /Passwordd:ladsp71 /reboot:10', "", @SW_HIDE)
        If @error Then
            FileWriteLine(@WorkingDir & "\Resultats_Migration_Domaine.xls",$Ligne)
        EndIf
    Wend
    FileClose($Fichier)
EndIf

Qui ose gagneWho Dares Win[left]CyberExploit[/left]

Got it working now. :)

For all who are intrested in how I managed it all I attachted the script. Below I'll explain which files I used and where I used them for:

1. newsid.exe --> To change the SystemID

2. Forum Script --> To rename the PC

3. NETDOM.EXE --> To join the PC to the Domain

4. restore_reg.reg --> To disable the autlogon by resetting so keys and value's

5. stage1.chk / stage2.chk / stage3.chk --> After every part of the script 1 file is copied to the windows dir so the script knows what to do next time it runs.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

;This script will silently join the PC to the domain and rename it conform the Company Policy.
;Written with: SciTE4AutoIt3 Version 1.76
;Compiled with: AutoIt v3.2.12.1
;This script will run just once
;Created by UniPer
;Variables must be declared before using them

AutoItSetOption("TrayMenuMode",1)

;The name of the application (used as title for message boxes)
Global $appName = "Domain Tool V1.1"
Global $logonFlag = 0 ; 0 - Interactive logon with no profile. 1 - Interactive logon with profile. 2 - Network Global $extraParameters = " /silent" ; " /silent" ""
Global $runAsWaitFlag = @SW_SHOW ; @SW_HIDE @SW_SHOW

$netdom = "C:\temp\netdom.exe"

If Not FileExists ("C:\windows\stage1.chk") Then
    ;The registry will be overwritten with a fixed username and password and AutoLogon will be enabled
    RegDelete ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultDomainName")
    RegDelete ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultUserName")
    RegDelete ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultPassword")
    RegDelete ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "AutoAdminLogon")
    RegDelete ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "ForceAutoLogon")

RegWrite ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultDomainName", "REG_SZ", "")
    RegWrite ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultUsername" , "REG_SZ", "*******")
    RegWrite ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultPassword" , "REG_SZ", "*******")
    RegWrite ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "AutoAdminLogon" , "REG_SZ", "1")
    RegWrite ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "ForceAutoLogon" , "REG_SZ", "1")
    TrayTip($appName & " - Autologon is Enabled", "AutoLogon Enabled.. ", 1)
    TraySetToolTip($appName & " - Autologon is Enabled")
    Sleep ( 3000 )

;Newsid.exe will run silently and will provide a new ID for the system
    ShellExecute ( "C:\temp\newsid", "/a" )
    Sleep ( 3000 )
    Send ("{SPACE}")
    TrayTip($appName & " - Your SystemID renewed ", "Your SystemID has been renewed", 1)
    TraySetToolTip($appName & " - Your SystemID renewed " )

;Stage1.chk will be copied to the Windows directory to be sure the script came this far
    FileCopy ( "C:\temp\stage1.chk", "C:\windows\")

Sleep ( 3000 )
    TrayTip($appName & " - System reboot..", "System will reboot in a few minutes..", 1)
    TraySetToolTip($appName & " - System reboot.." )
    Sleep ( 10000 )
    Shutdown (2)

Else
    If Not FileExists ("C:\windows\stage2.chk") then
        ;Script will read the Machine Serialnumber from the registry to convert it into variable $reg
        Dim $reg = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Organization\Setup", "MachineSerial")

;$reg will be changed with so that the new serial is: NL-XXXXXXX after that this will be converted to variable $serial 
        Dim $serial="NL-"& $reg
        TrayTip($appName & " - Systemserial is:", "The Machines Serial is "& $serial, 1 )
        TraySetToolTip($appName & " - Systemserial is:")

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Rename", 255, 85, 255, 255)
        GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please type the new computername", 5, 5)
        GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
        $inv = GUICtrlCreateInput($serial, 75, 25, 100, 20)
        $btn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Rename", 95, 55, 60, 20)
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
            $msg = GUIGetMsg()
            Select
                Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                    ExitLoop
                Case $msg = $btn
                        _Rename()
                    ExitLoop
            EndSelect
        WEnd

Send ("{}")
        Send ("{SPACE}")

;Stage2.chk will be copied to the Windows directory to be sure the script came this far
        FileCopy ( "C:\temp\stage2.chk", "C:\windows\")

send ("{ENTER}")

Shutdown (2)

Else
    If Not FileExists ("C:\windows\stage3.chk") then
        ;System will be joined to the Domain
        RunWait (@Comspec & ' /k ' & $netdom & ' join . /Domain:DOMAIN.COM /UserD:******* /PasswordD:******* ')
        Sleep (2000)
        send ("{y}")
        Sleep (2000)
        Send ("{exit}")
        TrayTip($appName & " - System joined DOMAIN", "System joined the DOMAIN.COM Domain", 1)
        TraySetToolTip($appName & " - System joined DOMAIN")
        Sleep ( 3000 )
        TrayTip($appName & " - System reboot..", "System will reboot in a few seconds..", 1)
        TraySetToolTip($appName & " - System reboot..")

;Stage2.chk will be copied to the Windows directory to be sure the script came this far
        FileCopy ( "C:\temp\stage2.chk", "C:\windows\")
        Sleep (10000)

;The Registry will be restored to his old original state and AutoLogon will be disabled
        ShellExecute ( "C:\windows\regedit", "-s C:\temp\restore_reg.reg" )
        TrayTip($appName & " - Autologon is Disabled", "Autologon disabled again", 1)
        TraySetToolTip($appName & " - Autologon is Disabled")

;Stage3.chk will be copied to the Windows directory to be sure the script came this far
        FileCopy ( "C:\temp\stage3.chk", "C:\windows\")

Sleep ( 3000 )
        TrayTip($appName & " - System reboot..", "System will reboot in a few seconds..", 1)
        TraySetToolTip($appName & " - System reboot..")
        Shutdown ( 2 )
    Else
        MsgBox (4096, "Finished", "System is Configured")
        Shutdown (2)
    EndIf
EndIf
EndIf

Func _Rename()

Run(@ComSpec & " /c sysdm.cpl", "", @SW_HIDE)
    WinWaitActive("System Properties")
    Send("{RIGHT}")
    Send("{TAB}")
    Send("{TAB}")
    Send("{TAB}")
    Send("{ENTER}")
    $x = GUICtrlRead($inv)
    Send($x)
EndFunc   ;==>_Rename

join_domain_p.au3

Edited by UniPer

Ok...still one problem :)

When I join this PC to the domain with Windows it's automaticly moved to the right container:

\Company\Europe\Country\Workstations

When I use the script to join the PC to the domain it's being added to:

\Computers

The problem is that none of the machines in the \Computers folder gets the company policy o:)

I tried to use the netdom command as follows:

netdom join . /domain:domain.com /ou:"Company\Europe\Country\Workstations" /UserD:admin /PasswordD:password

The strange thing is that when I try that it's giving me the message: Username or Password incorrect or insuffient privelleges.

If I change the string to:

netdom join . /domain:domain.com /UserD:admin /PasswordD:password /OU:"OU=corporate\europe\computers,DC=domain,DC=com"

I get the message that the account allready exicists, but I perform a full domain search for the account it doesn't excist.

Whaaa...I'm going crazy :)

Anyone know what to do?

Edited by UniPer