Control Java Application

IndyUK

I was wondering whether the AutoIt development team would ever consider incorporating the Java Accessbridge API? I think AutoIt is a fantastic product and has commercial worthiness all for free! It really would be the icing on the cake if the aforementioned dll could be included and referenced natively from AI. If any Java app could be referenced without MouseMoves and SendKeys, imagine the power of AutoIt

I did try and consider doing a wrapper but got stuck at the first hurdle of not even getting the Ferret (Auto Info equivilant) application to work.

Just like to hear from the community in general about this.

Thanks

I was wondering whether the AutoIt development team would ever consider incorporating the Java Accessbridge API? I think AutoIt is a fantastic product and has commercial worthiness all for free! It really would be the icing on the cake if the aforementioned dll could be included and referenced natively from AI. If any Java app could be referenced without MouseMoves and SendKeys, imagine the power of AutoIt

I did try and consider doing a wrapper but got stuck at the first hurdle of not even getting the Ferret (Auto Info equivilant) application to work.

Just like to hear from the community in general about this.

Thanks

AutoIt already has the tools to use the API provided by DLLs. If the Java Access Bridge is accessible via the DLL, then you already have what you need. Look up DllCall() and the various DllStruct* functions in the help file.

AutoIt also works with COM objects. So if there is a COM interface to the Java Access Bridge, you can use that already also.

If however, this interface requires compiling a C++ library into the AutoIt interpreter's binary -- forget it -- never happen.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law