Autoit Recorder for web actions?

Lemures

I know there is a recorder that writes a script based on recorded actions, but is there one that will work for internet actions? I'm trying to write a script for a client that logs into their account, goes through some pages to download their daily sales, then parses it in such a way then emails another guy the results. Anyway, the web actions would be a lot easier if I could just record what/where I was clicking into a script instead of having to check the html and do it all manually. Any ideas?

...but is there one that will work for internet actions?

Yes. IE.au3 is included in the install of Autoit. This UDF can manipulate Internet Explorer to do many, many things.

Look in the help file starting with _IECreate() and that will lead to other IE UDF's. Remember there are examples at the bottom of the help page

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators

Vij, please do not resurrect a 5 year old post. If you have questions, begin a new thread - include a detailed description of what you're trying to do, and what code you have tried already.

To answer your question, no there is not a web-specific "recording thingy". As Valuater suggested to the OP so many years ago, learn to use the IE UDF.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Vij, please do not resurrect a 5 year old post. If you have questions, begin a new thread - include a detailed description of what you're trying to do, and what code you have tried already.

To answer your question, no there is not a web-specific "recording thingy". As Valuater suggested to the OP so many years ago, learn to use the IE UDF.

Hey sorry, 5 years is a long time and I thought maybe something changed :)

Also, in a lot of forums I know - moderators ask to refrain from making new thread if a thread already exists on the topic - so I thought this is the way to go - anyways sorry about that.

Edited by vij