Create custom EventLog

Jango

What events you are want to log? Be more specific, always :).

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

hello,

I would like to create a custom EventLog, is it possible ?

the include "EventLog.au3" only manage existing EventLog but there is no function to create a custom one...

Help will be greatly appreciated

The only (quick) workaround I've found is to manually create an appropriate registry key for the "custom" event log before attempting the write process. Basically, if Windows doesn't find a matching custom title, it will default to the "Application" entries.

Create a reg key under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\MyCustomEvents
and see if that works for you.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

The only (quick) workaround I've found is to manually create an appropriate registry key for the "custom" event log before attempting the write process. Basically, if Windows doesn't find a matching custom title, it will default to the "Application" entries.

Create a reg key under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\MyCustomEvents
and see if that works for you.
Thank you Momano, yes it works. :)

Here is the function i wrote:

Func CreateEventLog($sEventLogName)
    RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\"&$sEventLogName)
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(262144+16, $TITLE, "Erreur de création de l'EventLog " & $sEventLogName)
        Return False
    EndIf
    Return True
EndFunc

I found some informations on msdn but i don't know how to write it in AutoIt, moreover i don't want to use COM object...

The other way in .NET:

Option Explicit
Option Strict

Imports System
Imports System.Diagnostics
Imports System.Threading

Class MySample
    Public Shared Sub Main()

If Not EventLog.SourceExists("MySource") Then
            ' Create the source, if it does not already exist.
            ' An event log source should not be created and immediately used.
            ' There is a latency time to enable the source, it should be created
            ' prior to executing the application that uses the source.
            ' Execute this sample a second time to use the new source.
            EventLog.CreateEventSource("MySource", "MyNewLog")
            Console.WriteLine("CreatingEventSource")
            'The source is created.  Exit the application to allow it to be registered.
            Return
        End If

' Create an EventLog instance and assign its source.
        Dim myLog As New EventLog()
        myLog.Source = "MySource"

' Write an informational entry to the event log.    
        myLog.WriteEntry("Writing to event log.")
    End Sub 'Main 
End Class 'MySample
Edited by Jango

What events you are want to log? Be more specific, always :).

You are right, i was talking about Custom Windows EventLog, you can access these EventLog doing a right click on My Computer -> Manage -> EventLog. But now it's solved. Thank you anyway.