Logging keys after certain combinations...

Hi, im trying to make a program that will run completely in the background.

It checks packets sent from a game to the server. Normal users shouldn't be allowed to see the output of the programme thus i want it to run in background.

The only problem is getting this programme to maximize. I dont want to use normal hotkeys.

I want the user ( me ) to press for example the dot button ( . ) and that the programme then starts to log keystrokes. Then u have to type a password.

and press the dot again. This would then be verified to see whether or not it is the pass and the program will appear...

however, im confused as what to do about logging. Because the keys still have to go to the game, i cant use hotkeys since it blocks the key inputs. Send also doesnt work ( the game blocks it ).

Does anyone have an idea?

Btw i know u guys hate loggers, if anyone could just give me an idea where to start, i wont involve this community any further in this project. And besides im not trying to make a mainstream logger, just a pass verifier. If anyone has any other ideas to bring up the program, tell me. Im up for any other alternatives....