Using UNC paths

Jamaica

I want to install software and run the install from a server using the application install switches but I get no install to commence. Here is the script i'm using

Run("\\Server\dir\setup.exe /S /v/qn")

Whats wrong with this picture??

Are you sure the script has access to that share at run time? You might also need to provide a working directory. Maybe:
$sDir = "\\Server\dir"
$sExe = "setup.exe"
$sPath = $sDir & "\" & $sExe
If FileExists($sPath) Then 
    ShellExecute($sPath, "/S /v /qn", $sDir)
Else
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "File not found:  " & $sPath)
    Exit
EndIf

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yes, the script has access to the server with full rights to the dir where the setup.exe is located. I'll try what you suggested an give a shout back. ShellExecute is the trick I see. Thanks.

Are you sure the script has access to that share at run time? You might also need to provide a working directory. Maybe:

$sDir = "\\Server\dir"
$sExe = "setup.exe"
$sPath = $sDir & "\" & $sExe
If FileExists($sPath) Then 
    ShellExecute($sPath, "/S /v /qn", $sDir)
Else
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "File not found:  " & $sPath)
    Exit
EndIf

Yes, the script has access to the server with full rights to the dir where the setup.exe is located. I'll try what you suggested an give a shout back. ShellExecute is the trick I see. Thanks.

I never had problems running from UNC path. As long you were authenticated to see that UNC paths :)

And I used rather:

RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\1\AICinstall\AgentInstaller\AgentInstaller.exe")

Meaning script is running from \\server\somefolder\script.exe ..

Edited by skysel

I want to install software and run the install from a server using the application install switches but I get no install to commence. Here is the script i'm using

Run("\\Server\dir\setup.exe /S /v/qn")

Whats wrong with this picture??

I'm missing the share!

What about: Run("\\Server\sharename$\dir\setup.exe /S /v/qn")

You might also try --

$dir = "\\Server\dir"

Run($dir "\setup.exe /S /v/qn", $dir)

You need the concatenate "&" operator for that: Run($dir & "\setup.exe /S /v/qn", $dir)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You need the concatenate "&" operator for that: Run($dir & "\setup.exe /S /v/qn", $dir)

Oops! That's what I get for typing the code directly in the forum, and not in SciTe!!

Roger O."When people show you who they are, believe them.” --Mark Twain