MYSQL Help.

Hello. So I've got the driver installed, and it's working. I ran a few of the scripts on the main page and it's retrieving table names etc.

So Autoit and MYSQL are speaking with each other.. Yay!!! I can't believe nothing screwed up.

Now....

I'm working on a lil' program.

I want to be able to run a few queries and display them in the GUI, be it as a label, or a textbox??

Eg SELECT * from recipes where recipename = "NAME"

.. And then have them displayed in the app, not dumped to a text file.

Can anyone help me out ?

Finally, while I'm here.....

If I've got the GUI up, and I have a couple of buttons, I can make them clickable and open a new GUI, but that appears over the top.

Can I make it so that when a buttons pressed, GUI1 closes and GUI2 opens, or even have it all as one gui that changes?! I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance,

Damien.

Hello. So I've got the driver installed, and it's working. I ran a few of the scripts on the main page and it's retrieving table names etc.

So Autoit and MYSQL are speaking with each other.. Yay!!! I can't believe nothing screwed up.

Now....

I'm working on a lil' program.

I want to be able to run a few queries and display them in the GUI, be it as a label, or a textbox??

Eg SELECT * from recipes where recipename = "NAME"

.. And then have them displayed in the app, not dumped to a text file.

Can anyone help me out ?

Finally, while I'm here.....

If I've got the GUI up, and I have a couple of buttons, I can make them clickable and open a new GUI, but that appears over the top.

Can I make it so that when a buttons pressed, GUI1 closes and GUI2 opens, or even have it all as one gui that changes?! I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance,

Damien.

All very doable with AutoIt. Start with the tutorials in the help file. You might also try Valuator's AutoIt 1-2-3 tutorial in my sig.

Take the DB access and GUI presentation as two different projects at first. Can you create a generic GUI with the controls you want, and put data in the controls (without worrying about getting the data from a DB yet)?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks, but that is SQL lite

I am using mysql.au3

Is there a big list of eaxmples, the ones on the UDF page aren't enough for me.

This is starting to sound awfully vague again. Two questions:

1. Do you already have working code to get your data from the DB? If you don't know how to read a record set it doesn't matter yet how that data gets put in ListView control, for example.

(...and entirely separately)

2. Do you already have working code to displays a GUI with the type of controls you want? If you don't know how create a basic GUI with a ListView it doesn't matter yet how the data get pulled from the DB.

What, exactly, do you need help with right now, and have you done any of the AutoIt tutorials yet so you have somewhere to start from?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law