Do compiled exe's work on computers without AutoIt

Alterego

stupid question....why would you need to compile then, if you can only use them if you have autoit installed??

then anwser on YOUR question is YES!! (noob :lmao: )

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

• Developers

Do the exe's AutoIt 3 makes work on computers without AutoIt installed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes they do.... That is really the intent of aut2exe to create a executable that can run all by itself....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Do the exe's AutoIt 3 makes work on computers without AutoIt installed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I poked around the docs before and didn't see it, but I found it here

It is possible to take your .au3 script and compile it into a standalone  executable; this executable can be used without the need for AutoIt to be installed and without the need to have AutoIt3.exe on the machine.

That said, would anyone be willing to download the program and tell me if it runs? I am having a crazy hectic day and don't have the actual code handy, but it's about 30 lines of GUI with no functionality (eg its just a gui right now). It's a little fatter than you'd expect because I compiled nconvert and wikitotome into as a proof of concept...my beta testers tell me that it "simply doesnt work". ack!

much appreciated...

Edited by Larry

lol..sorry, but the question was SOO noobish.

maby your coding skills are GREAT......(i said MABY!)

<DELETED BY SELF>

Edited by zeroZshadow
*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

• Developers

here

That said, would anyone be willing to download the program and tell me if it runs? I am having a crazy hectic day and don't have the actual code handy, but it's about 30 lines of GUI with no functionality (eg its just a gui right now). It's a little fatter than you'd expect because I compiled nconvert and wikitotome into as a proof of concept...my beta testers tell me that it "simply doesnt work". ack!

much appreciated...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't understand why that would be needed... everybody on the board has AutoIt3 installed like you so what do you like to test ????

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

btw what's the program for?? it looks fine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I got home and had an IM waiting for me:

[14:14] friend: your program doesn't work

[14:15] friend: i guess it could possibly have something to do with the fact that i'm running linux

he knew...just pushing my buttons :lmao:

It's going to be a GUI for a program i've a program i've already written that converts the raw 2GB wikipedia SQL dump into the TomeRaider 3 intermediary format, and then opens tomeraider and compiles the program. the goal here is to 1) not require the user to download any extraneous scripts, install perl, use wget, and 2) hide and scrape both the DOS windows and the TR3 window, instead showing their text output in the edit box you see in the program.

im going to have to do some trickery for that last bit...o:)

thanks for the help

brian