Webcam control with multiple windows

tglake

I'm just getting started playing with multiple monitors. Hope I can get some help here.

I've got 4 monitors running from Windows Vista. My idea is to take webcam shots on one monitor, and then display them on monitors 2,3 and 4.

So you'd basically have a photo booth that stacks up shots you've taken across the 3 other monitors. The shots would move across the monitors, from Webcam to monitor 2, to 3, and on to 4.

As I say, I'm new to this, but it looks like AutoIT might be able to do this.

Could someone give me a little guidance. Is this the right tool to be using?

Anyone?!

You need to tell us a bit about how you are displaying the webcam pictures. If you are not using an AUtoIt script then probably you could take a screen shot of the picture on your main monitor and load that into a picture control on a gui in another monitor.

You would need to look up

_ScreenCapture_Capture

and

GuiCtrlCreatePic.

There are also web cam udfs in the examples forums which can do a good job. It's fairly easy to capture the output from a webcam without it being displayed, and then you can decide where and how to show the picture, or whether to send it to a web site for example. Try the forum seach tools.

EDIT: Welcome to the AutoIt forums BTW :)

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Many thanks

I'm going to use the Webcam to capture the shots as JPEGs then store to a directory. Then for them to be diplayed on the other monitors. As you take more webcam shots, they would all shuffle across the monitors. Just a gimmick really but should be fun.

I'll search the forums, they look v. useful.

I guess the other question is whether I'm looking at the right tool. I've got a bit confused on what to script this with (having seen Ultramon for example)

Good to be here!

Many thanks

I'm going to use the Webcam to capture the shots as JPEGs then store to a directory. Then for them to be diplayed on the other monitors. As you take more webcam shots, they would all shuffle across the monitors. Just a gimmick really but should be fun.

I'll search the forums, they look v. useful.

I guess the other question is whether I'm looking at the right tool. I've got a bit confused on what to script this with (having seen Ultramon for example)

Good to be here!

Looks like Ultramon is just for controlling what's shown on each monitor. It's not obvious to me, after a quick look, that'it's intended to be free but it's a single issue product. If you learn to use AutoIt, which is free and has these forums, then you can solve very many problems, but then there is also more to learn I suppose.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.