MsgBox and the buttons

Im new to programm with Autoit and now I have a little problem. I like to move files but befor i must check if a file in the folder exist and then i get a msgbox where someone get se massage "Sorry there is any file in the folder u like to overwrit ist" und u can choose YES / NO but how can i check what someone have chosen?

If FileExists ( "C:\test\test2\*.txt") Then
                MsgBox (4, "Datei", "Datei schon vorhanden, soll Sie überschrieben werden?") 
                    FileMove ( "C:\test\1.txt", "C:\test\test 2", 1)
                        EndIf
Edited by t.koridass

$returnmsg = MsgBox (4, "Datei", "Datei schon vorhanden, soll Sie überschrieben werden?") 
if $msg = 1 then
Endif
EndIf

i think its 1 else it would be 0

EDIT: yep its 1

Edited by zeroZshadow
*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

Hi..

i think you must store the return value of the msgbox.

and decide upon this value what to do.. like:

$answer=MsgBox (4, "Datei", "Datei schon vorhanden, soll Sie überschrieben werden?") 
    if $answer=1 Then
    Endif
EndIf

@zeroZshadow: :lmao: Are you related to Dalarn? All you seem to do is like to flame. There are differences in time and when the message gets posted. You two may have been writing a reply at the same time. Yours was posted at 08:53, Domonkey posted 08:54. Frankly, your reply was only more confusing and not at all helpful when taken from a newbie's point of view as you included edited code without explaining it. Do yourself a favor, and drop the 12 year old mentality on these fourms. Thanks.

and how u call that

$answer
i dont find it in the help  o:)  but i think that is what i search thx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@t.koridass

All you're telling autoit to do is store the results of the msgbox in a variable.

Anything that begins with a $ is a variable. Calling the msgbox function without a container to store the answers will not accomplish much, if anything at all.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Calling the msgbox function without a container to store the answers will not accomplish much, if anything at all.

Another option, but without the container (variable).

if MsgBox(4, '', 'Hello World') = 6 Then
    MsgBox(0, '', 'You pressed Yes')
EndIf

Yes = 6

No = 7

:lmao:

oke oke i'll try to calm down. i'm allot nicer in dutch, because i just don't know how to write nice in english :lmao:

so SORRY, i deleted the post and already apoligize in the other topics.

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

Another option, but without the container (variable).

if MsgBox(4, '', 'Hello World') = 6 Then
    MsgBox(0, '', 'You pressed Yes')
EndIf

Yes = 6

No = 7

Well, yes, there is that, but storing in a variable makes using Select/Case or If/ElseIf/EndIf much easier for the 3 button boxes. :lmao:

oke oke i'll try to calm down.  i'm allot nicer in dutch, because i just don't know how to write nice in english o:)

so SORRY, i deleted the post and already apoligize in the other topics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apology accepted....I did not realize that English was not your primary language, but some of the return replies seemed rather snappish. I guess it's just difficult to understand emotion very well over a text medium. Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache