How to enable tab character in edit control?

tuape

make a hotkey then have it send a tab to the edit, hmmm lets see if i can make one

HotKeySet ( "{tab}", TabFunc() )
Func TabFunc()
   GUICtrlSetData ( $edit, GUICtrlRead ( $edit ) & @TAB )
EndFunc

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

The cro-magnon to AutoIt3 GUI, Au3GUI had something in the messageloop that checked if it was an "edit" class control and passed a "TAB" message rather than the default dialog behaviour, which I believe is to ignore tab or something...

It's pretty easy for the devs to add something to the message loop, I believe, that checks when a "tab" message comes in... and if it is an "edit" control... insert at the cursor position ... a "tab" ... I could post the AU3GUI code if needed... some day when my wife lets me...

Lar.

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I'll use method provided by Xenogis for now and hope that there will be an optional setting / style for this later.

This was just one of those things that I thought might already be possible even if there are no references in help file / forum. Now I can stop looking for this hidden style :lmao: