Ini Editor

sandin

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting errors that some constants were not defined. I looked for the constants and found that they were not declared in the include file TreeVieConstants.au3.

C:\All\B_QA\QA\MyTools\google\google\examples\Ini_Editor.au3(364,25) : WARNING: $TVN_SELCHANGED: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $TVN_SELCHANGED,
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\All\B_QA\QA\MyTools\google\google\examples\Ini_Editor.au3(390,27) : WARNING: $TVN_ENDLABELEDIT: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $TVN_ENDLABELEDIT,
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\All\B_QA\QA\MyTools\google\google\examples\Ini_Editor.au3(455,28) : WARNING: $TVN_ITEMEXPANDING: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $TVN_ITEMEXPANDING,
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\All\B_QA\QA\MyTools\google\google\examples\Ini_Editor.au3(457,29) : WARNING: $TVN_BEGINLABELEDIT: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $TVN_BEGINLABELEDIT,
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\All\B_QA\QA\MyTools\google\google\examples\Ini_Editor.au3(461,24) : WARNING: $TVN_BEGINDRAG: possibly used before declaration.
                Case $TVN_BEGINDRAG,
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\All\B_QA\QA\MyTools\google\google\examples\Ini_Editor.au3(364,25) : ERROR: $TVN_SELCHANGED: undeclared global variable.
                Case $TVN_SELCHANGED,
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

I tried to use $TVN_SELCHANGEDA instead of SELCHANGED (because thats what i found in the include...) but I was not able to save ini names in the tree.

How do I correct the problem?

Edited by lsakizada

Be Green Now or Never (BGNN)!

I tried to use $TVN_SELCHANGEDA instead of SELCHANGED (because thats what i found in the include...) but I was not able to save ini names in the tree.

I am actually added this constants after all the includes:

Global Const $TVN_SELCHANGED = $TVN_SELCHANGEDA
Global Const $TVN_ENDLABELEDIT = $TVN_ENDLABELEDITA
Global Const $TVN_ITEMEXPANDING = $TVN_ITEMEXPANDINGA
Global Const $TVN_BEGINLABELEDIT = $TVN_BEGINLABELEDITA
Global Const $TVN_BEGINDRAG = $TVN_BEGINDRAGA

I am actually added this constants after all the includes:

Global Const $TVN_SELCHANGED = $TVN_SELCHANGEDA
Global Const $TVN_ENDLABELEDIT = $TVN_ENDLABELEDITA
Global Const $TVN_ITEMEXPANDING = $TVN_ITEMEXPANDINGA
Global Const $TVN_BEGINLABELEDIT = $TVN_BEGINLABELEDITA
Global Const $TVN_BEGINDRAG = $TVN_BEGINDRAGA
Well, I relaized now that my correction is working and the tool is working as designed.

It was not set the text on the tree items when the focus set by the mouse and not by the enter keyboard a designed

Probably its by design.... after reading the code.

very nice code and utility. I will use it with my projects. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

A flicker free treeview control at last!

Short post in order to keep those two other posts together and to notify about the edit of the latter:

INI editor as a module

A flicker free treeview control at last! (download)

Hi onderhold,

I was trying to make it free flicker on my version of this tool without much successful.

Can you please describe exactly how to avoid flickering with your method?

Maybe 2 simple GUIs one with and other without using your method.

Thanks!

Can you please describe exactly how to avoid flickering with your method?

Maybe 2 simple GUIs one with and other without using your method.

_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.noflicker.au3 contains the necessary code. I took the script _GUICtrlTreeView_Create.au3 from the AutoIT online help, and added my modifications. Just diff these two scripts and you will see what it needs - setting the extended window style of the window to $WS_EX_COMPOSITED during the resize operation, which gets notified by WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE and WM_EXITSIZEMOVE messages.

Why to set this style only during the resize operation:

Setting the extended style $WS_EX_COMPOSITED permanently, e.g. with GUICreate(), does not work thoroughly - when the length of a treeview item value exceedes the treeview border, then the tooltips for those values do not get displayed properly.

_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.noflicker_demo.au3 lets you toggle the solution on and off. E.g. look at the tooltips of child items with $WS_EX_COMPOSITED forced on.

_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.noflicker_demo.au3

_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.noflicker.au3

Edited by onderhold

_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.noflicker.au3 contains the necessary code. I took the script _GUICtrlTreeView_Create.au3 from the AutoIT online help, and added my modifications. Just diff these two scripts and you will see what it needs - setting the extended window style of the window to $WS_EX_COMPOSITED during the resize operation, which gets notified by WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE and WM_EXITSIZEMOVE messages.

Why to set this style only during the resize operation:

Setting the extended style $WS_EX_COMPOSITED permanently, e.g. with GUICreate(), does not work thoroughly - when the length of a treeview item value exceedes the treeview border, then the tooltips for those values do not get displayed properly.

_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.noflicker_demo.au3 lets you toggle the solution on and off. E.g. look at the tooltips of child items with $WS_EX_COMPOSITED forced on.

P.S. I did attach a wrong Ini_Editor.ema.zip to my previous post. It's corrected now.

Well, I have succeeded to set it up properly with the original Ini_editor code. but with my modified code the client messed up totaly.

I still dont know the reason.

For reference i added only the code bellow and its works:

;;FILCKER START
Global Const $WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE = 0x0231 ; [ema]
Global Const $WM_EXITSIZEMOVE = 0x0232 ; [ema]
Global Const $WS_EX_COMPOSITED = 0x2000000 ; [ema]
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE, "WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE") ; [ema]
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_EXITSIZEMOVE, "WM_EXITSIZEMOVE") ; [ema]
Global $g_IsResizing = False

Func WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    ; add $WS_EX_COMPOSITED to the extended window style
    #forceref $hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam
    Local $GUIStyle
    ; called when resizing begins
    If Not $g_IsResizing Then
        $GUIStyle = GUIGetStyle($Form1)
        GUISetStyle(-1, BitOR($GUIStyle[1], $WS_EX_COMPOSITED), $Form1)
        $g_IsResizing = True
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE

Func WM_EXITSIZEMOVE($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    ; reset the extended window style to previous values
    Local $GUIStyle
    ; called when resizing ends
    If $g_IsResizing Then
        GUISetStyle(-1, BitAND($GUIStyle[1], BitNOT($WS_EX_COMPOSITED)), $Form1)
        $g_IsResizing = False
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_EXITSIZEMOVE
;; FLICKER END

lsakizada, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

The code snippet that you posted is the essence of my proposed solution, it's the diff between "_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.au3" and "_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.noflicker.au3".

What are you referring to by "original Ini_editor code"? sandin's code in post #1, or my mod "Ini_editor.ema" in post #48 or any other version? My mod "Ini_editor.ema" works flickerfree without further modifications. (prerequisite: Windows XP or higher, tested on Windows XP SP3)

What is your modified client that messed up? Are you asking for help about it?

lsakizada, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

The code snippet that you posted is the essence of my proposed solution, it's the diff between "_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.au3" and "_GUICtrlTreeView_Create.noflicker.au3".

What are you referring to by "original Ini_editor code"? sandin's code in post #1, or my mod "Ini_editor.ema" in post #48 or any other version? My mod "Ini_editor.ema" works flickerfree without further modifications. (prerequisite: Windows XP or higher, tested on Windows XP SP3)

What is your modified client that messed up? Are you asking for help about it?

onderold, your scripts are ok. I was able to remove flickers on the original code of ini

(by "original Ini_editor code"? is mean created by sandin).

But when I tried to set it on my ini-editor version i faced problems that I could not understand why.

I will glad if you can help to solve my problem.

I will post my code for your review. If you want to see the code without the problem then remove any code between my comment: ;;FILCKER START and ;; FLICKER END.

I attached the file:

ConfigLink.au3

Edited by lsakizada

lsakizada,

unfortunately my antiflicker solution for treeview controls only works when there's no listview control on the same window.

the best I can achieve with your app is this:

;;ANTIFLICKER START
Global Const $WM_EXITSIZEMOVE = 0x0232
Global Const $WS_EX_COMPOSITED = 0x2000000
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZING, "WM_SIZING")
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_EXITSIZEMOVE, "WM_EXITSIZEMOVE")

Func WM_SIZING($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $GUIStyle
    ; resizing begins
        GuiCtrlSetState($hListView, $GUI_HIDE)
        $g_IsResizing = True
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

Local $GUIStyle
    If $g_IsResizing Then
    ; resizing ends
        GuiCtrlSetState($hListView, $GUI_SHOW)
        $g_IsResizing = False
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
;;ANTIFLICKER END

i.e. using WM_SIZING to note the beginning of resizing and hiding the listview control during resizing. All my other attempts failed ( _SendMessage($hListView, $WM_SETREDRAW, 0) as in this riddle or suppressing $WM_ERASEBKGND messages)

Of course you will have to define the variable $hListView before this code block or move the whole block past the definition of $hListView, e.g. past the line

"initMinMax(248, 220, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight)"

lsakizada,

unfortunately my antiflicker solution for treeview controls only works when there's no listview control on the same window.

the best I can achieve with your app is this:

;;ANTIFLICKER START
Global Const $WM_EXITSIZEMOVE = 0x0232
Global Const $WS_EX_COMPOSITED = 0x2000000
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZING, "WM_SIZING")
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_EXITSIZEMOVE, "WM_EXITSIZEMOVE")

Func WM_SIZING($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $GUIStyle
    ; resizing begins
        GuiCtrlSetState($hListView, $GUI_HIDE)
        $g_IsResizing = True
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

Local $GUIStyle
    If $g_IsResizing Then
    ; resizing ends
        GuiCtrlSetState($hListView, $GUI_SHOW)
        $g_IsResizing = False
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
;;ANTIFLICKER END

i.e. using WM_SIZING to note the beginning of resizing and hiding the listview control during resizing. All my other attempts failed ( _SendMessage($hListView, $WM_SETREDRAW, 0) as in this riddle or suppressing $WM_ERASEBKGND messages)

Of course you will have to define the variable $hListView before this code block or move the whole block past the definition of $hListView, e.g. past the line

"initMinMax(248, 220, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight)"

Great, you found that the listView caused the problem.

I did not have any clue what was the reason to this false behavior and how to debug it.

Hiding the control is also was a good idea.

If the no-flickering method does not work with listview then I might have other solution or try to create simple environment and post it in general help forum.

Thank you very much! Have a good one.

Edited by lsakizada

• 3 years later...

Hi Sandin.

I found a copy of this script, (v1.2), somewhere but i can't remember where.

I recently attempted to try it but found a couple of errors which caused the program to continue running in the background when you click the 'Exit' button, (well, that was in the compiled file). It did the same in the scrip editor, Scite.

I put in a query on the AutoIT Forums and someone replied with a suggestion to the cause.

Anyway, i did some checking and managed to solve the problem.

I've been looking for a good INI editor and finding and fixing the problems i can now use it.

I assumed that the script being available to all, it could be classed as Open Source. Now i've found you i can put the Name into the script. I also added a few lines to back the INI file up to an'i_i' file.

I like it and if you wrote the script you should get the credit. It really is a nice script.

• 3 months later...

Ah, nothing like some good old Post Necromancy!

P.S. Not only is this a topic from four years ago, but there are usually issues when using with more current versions of AutoIt.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

The author of this script has been away for more than 2 years. Do you expect him to reply to your questions?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 11 months later...

sandin,

I had to append "A" to most TreeViewConstants vars to get it to work. So the "A" must have been added after you posted this.

But it's really awesome! I use INI files extensively. So I wrote an INI Manager for myself to help

with things like adding fields to piped INI sections, renaming fields, repositioning fields, deleting fields,

testing an INI section, and so on. It's not perfect, but I continue to tweak it.

But your script does things I did not know how to do. I will study your script to learn from it.

Thanks much for this posting.

Dick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I know this is an old topic but I downloaded the script and got it to work, played with it and tried to 'tweak' it.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to make it accept command line parameters.

It's a great little INI editor, if anyone can help with the problem can you help.

P.S.

who actually wrote the original?, If I use it I want to give credit where credit is due.