Is TCPNameToIP susposed to report the Reverse DNS?

something like....

#include <inet.au3>
$sIp = TCPNameToIP("shiftbid.dyndns.ws")
$sResult = _TCPIpToName ($sIp)

MsgBox(0,"IP Addy", $sResult)

is giving me the full reverse dns name of the IP addy not the ip itself (something like pool-71-123-215-151.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)... yes i could pull the IP out of that but i'm not positive every pool it might come out of would be in the same format so was hoping for something a bit cleaner, didn't see any flags or options avail for TCPNameToIP so was just curious is that 'working as intended'?

Don't let that status fool you, I am no advanced memeber!

something like....

#include <inet.au3>
$sIp = TCPNameToIP("shiftbid.dyndns.ws")
$sResult = _TCPIpToName ($sIp)

MsgBox(0,"IP Addy", $sResult)

is giving me the full reverse dns name of the IP addy not the ip itself (something like pool-71-123-215-151.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)... yes i could pull the IP out of that but i'm not positive every pool it might come out of would be in the same format so was hoping for something a bit cleaner, didn't see any flags or options avail for TCPNameToIP so was just curious is that 'working as intended'?

Well, what you do here is, seemingly, 1. get ip address of the string, 2. Get, from that IP-address, the resolve result. That is pretty straightforward? Say you take www.google.com. I get as an IP result 74.125.77.103. If I then IpToName that, I get ew-in-f103.google.com. As I see it, good! What result were you hoping for? If you tell that, maybe there's a better way to suggest...

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Well, what you do here is, seemingly, 1. get ip address of the string, 2. Get, from that IP-address, the resolve result. That is pretty straightforward? Say you take www.google.com. I get as an IP result 74.125.77.103. If I then IpToName that, I get ew-in-f103.google.com. As I see it, good! What result were you hoping for? If you tell that, maybe there's a better way to suggest...

/facepalm hehe thx i'm an idiot :) too much reading the help files without enough thinking.... of course i'm gonna get the reverse dns when i take the ip and run a _TCPIpToName :) <- my lightbulb was obviously off when i started tinkering tonight thx for the wakeup call!

Don't let that status fool you, I am no advanced memeber!

/facepalm hehe thx i'm an idiot :) too much reading the help files without enough thinking.... of course i'm gonna get the reverse dns when i take the ip and run a _TCPIpToName :) <- my lightbulb was obviously off when i started tinkering tonight thx for the wakeup call!

Haha no problem o:) Guess the problem was that even in that small script you entirely overlooked the $sIp variable ;)

Cheers

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.