Having difficulties with keyboard shortcuts

when I press shift+F1 (holding shift first) the SciTE function list should pop up, but it doesnt, I just recently installed autoit3 (the official release) then the SciTE4AutoIt3 from the sites download section... anyways I tried it directly after install... it didnt work, so I decided to restart my pc, but it still did not work, is there another way to do it than the keyboard? am I doing something wrong?

any and all help appreciated

You wouldn't have a popup blocker, or antivirus/antispyware software with that kind of function, or something like that installed, would you? (Not that I have tested this theory but it might make sense... For me the Shift-F1 function works just fine.

Another way would be to go to Tools > FunctionPopUp. Or alt+t, f. Or make a Windows shortcut to ...\SciTE\FuncPopUp\FuncPopUp.exe, and give that a Windows hotkey. Or probably a plethora of other workarounds.

I would at least at the very first test starting the FuncPopUp.exe manually to see if the program itself actually works on your machine. If not, then don't bother looking in Scite for a workaround but see why it doesn't work for itself. Again, anti-malware applications come to mind.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

funcpopup.exe works fine... I try running it with all my antimalwae and antivirus software disabled... and it still wont work, when I go into tools... its not there!

im using SciTE Script Editor ("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe")

edit: when I open funcpopup manually, everything is greyed out, and I cant move either of the scroll bars

edit2: at the bottom of it it says not an AutoIt3 file active(AU3)

edit3: edit2 fixed after I save a file

Edited by hlmindustries

What is your exact operating system? (I mean like "Windows Vista 32 bits NL, service pack 1".) I heard of some issues with .chm files. Google for that + chm, maybe something will come up. Might be a longshot but is all I can at least think of.

Not that I'd know how that would remove the links to the helpfile from SciTE... Tried reinstalling it one time with the full packages to be absolutely sure?

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.