Resize Picture with GDI+

charvi

Hi Autoiters,

So far I am able to draw pictures (real huge photos) with GDI+:

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($h_DTHdc,$h_DTImage,0,0)

but how can I resize the picture while plotting it on the screen? I know the picture's dimensions:

$i_Width =  _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth ($h_DTImage)
$i_Height = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($h_DTImage)

The _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage() function contains X and Y coordinates, but no W and H... (width & height)

Easy enough. _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect() :)

Thanks monoceres, but this is not what I am asking for. I'm asking how to reduce the image, while _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect() just draws a rectangle, and the image is not being reduced to the rectangle size! :)

I have a picture that is 1354x900 large and would like to reduce it to fit a rectangular zone of 800x600.

Thanks monoceres, but this is not what I am asking for. I'm asking how to reduce the image, while _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect() just draws a rectangle, and the image is not being reduced to the rectangle size! :)

I have a picture that is 1354x900 large and would like to reduce it to fit a rectangular zone of 800x600.

I don't understand what you mean, if you want to draw a picture at another size it is _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect() you need, if that's not it then you need to explain further what it is you really want.

I don't understand what you mean, if you want to draw a picture at another size it is _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect() you need, if that's not it then you need to explain further what it is you really want.

Yes, what I want is to draw a picture at another size, but I don't see how to achieve this with _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect().

With other words, I would like to show thumbnails of my pictures on the screen. A thumbnail that is not larger than, say 200x200 pixels. Of course, the picture should not lose its aspect ratio, unless otherwise specified.

This is my script, the image should fit a zone of 300x150 :

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect($h_DT_Hdc, 5, 62, 300, 150, $h_DT_Pen)
_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($h_DT_Hdc,$h_DT_Image,0,0)

I don't understand how to show a thumbnail of the image with a function that just draws a rectangle only. If I use this, the picture

Help file for _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect() says:

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draw a rectangle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Include <GDIPlus.au3>

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect($hGraphics, $iX, $iY, $iWidth, $iHeight[, $hPen = 0])

Parameters

$hGraphics Handle to a Graphics object

$iX The X coordinate of the upper left corner of the rectangle

$iY The Y coordinate of the upper left corner of the rectangle

$iWidth The width of the rectangle

$iHeight The height of the rectangle

$hPen Handle to a pen object that is used to draw the rectangle. If 0, a solid black pen with a width of 1 will be used

You're looking at the wrong function. I said _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect not _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect

Fascinating...

Indeed I used the wrong function. That's the problem with huge function names which have many ressemblence with other functions...

Anyway, thank you for your great help. Now my problem is solved.