StrinInStr Help

Champak

I need to check the path if it contains some file extensions, but it isn't working. Why?

I keep forgetting which way it works, so I tried two different ways, but neither one is working.

StringInStr(".mp3,.wav,.avi", @GUI_DragFile)

and

StringInStr(@GUI_DragFile, ".mp3,.wav,.avi" )

I know there are a couple other options, but I really need to use StringInStr for this.

Edited by Champak

Here's A Little Example.. Hope It Helps :mad:

Code :

; Declare The String
$String_1 = ('Test.Mp3')

; Check The String For .Mp3
$StringInStr_1 = StringInStr ($String_1, '.Mp3') ; ".Mp3" Can Be ".MP3" Etc.. Etc..

; Declare The String..
$String_2 = ('Test.Au3')

; Check The String For .Au3
$StringInStr_2 = StringInStr ($String_2, '.Au3') ; ".Au3" Can Be ".AU#" Etc.. Etc..

; Check Results
If $StringInStr_1 <> '0' Then 
$Msg_1 = 'Contains ".Mp3"'
Else
$Msg_1 = 'Dose Not Contain ".Mp3"'
EndIf 

If $StringInStr_2 <> '0' Then 
$Msg_2 = 'Contains ".Au3"'
Else
$Msg_2 = 'Dose Not Contains".Au3"'
EndIf 

; Display Results
MsgBox ('0','Notice - Results','String 1 : "' & $String_1 & '" ' & $Msg_1 & @CRLF & 'String 2 : "' & $String_2 & '" ' & $Msg_2, '0')

Random Smiles : ;):):mad::)o:)

- John

Edited by John2006

Latest Projects :- New & Improved TCP Chat

I need to check the path if it contains some file extensions, but it isn't working. Why?

I keep forgetting which way it works, so I tried two different ways, but neither one is working.

StringInStr(".mp3,.wav,.avi", @GUI_DragFile)

and

StringInStr(@GUI_DragFile, ".mp3,.wav,.avi" )

I know there are a couple other options, but I really need to use StringInStr for this.

Somebody had to say it:
StringRegExp(@GUI_DragFile, "\.(mp3|wav|avi)", 0)

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yes, but what if your file name is rental.avis.htm

...think quick!

The RegExp pattern I posted does not detect .htm at all. Since I did not specify finding the pattern at the end of the string, however, you could get a false match to something like "File.mp3.zip".

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Moderators

boundary thing... \b

You've obviously missed the entire concept of the original question.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks tranncexx, not really needed now, but good to know for future stuff.

This did pop an interest though. I see the possibility to replace a bunch of continuous "Or" conditions in my app with StringRegExp. So my question is, is it faster or less of a load to use the "Or" condition or StringRegExp?

So my question is, is it faster or less of a load to use the "Or" condition or StringRegExp?

Post the results after you test that...

Edited by PsaltyDS

Everybody is a comedian :) . I was looking if anyone had any general knowledge or insight on the subject, not necessarily for someone to test it out. But I went ahead and tested it out and per your request am reporting back the If Or condition is faster than StringRegExp.