Implementation issues with check buttons

falco85

Hi guys,

I am trying to automate the check/uncheck of check boxes in a program, trying to use ControlCommand. However, it doesn't work when trying to uncheck something. A turnaround to this problem would be to send tabs and space but the problem is that I don't know the initial state of the box and I want to make sure that it will check/uncheck when I tell the script to do so. Therefore this is critical for my script. Any help on that issue is greatly appreciated :) Thank you

Hi guys,

I am trying to automate the check/uncheck of check boxes in a program, trying to use ControlCommand. However, it doesn't work when trying to uncheck something. A turnaround to this problem would be to send tabs and space but the problem is that I don't know the initial state of the box and I want to make sure that it will check/uncheck when I tell the script to do so. Therefore this is critical for my script. Any help on that issue is greatly appreciated :) Thank you

Run the AutoIt Window Info Tool (AU3Info.exe) to identify the control, then post the control information and ControlCommand() code you tried on it.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

also ,you can try ControlSend with Space on this control since ControlCommand don't work on it

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]AutoIt Script Examples :[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]_CaptureBehindWindowGlass CMD for Windows Vista/Seven[/size][/font][left][/left][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]Non AutoIt Script programs : Border Skin - Aero Glass On XP[/size][/font]

I don't use ControlCommand personally but reading the documentation it appears you can still do something similar...

_check("NameOfYourControlID")

Func _check($controlID)
    If BitAND(ControlCommand("Title","",$controlID,"IsChecked",""),1) = 1 Then
        ;box state is checked so uncheck
        ControlCommand("Title","",$controlID,"UnCheck","")
    Else
        ;box is unchecked so check it
        ControlCommand("Title","",$controlID,"Check","")
    EndIf
EndFunc
Edited by Ealric

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]