nesting jpg files in script for a .scr file

Look at my resources UDF

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51103

Or you may use FileInstall()

Thanks, I'm new at this. I'm trying to use jpg files for a screen saver of my wife's pictures, that the user could not have access to. If I use FileInstall, it seems I have to reference the path name\file name from a folder on the computer each time the scr is run. Or will FileInstall() actually add the jpg file to the script. If not and I need the use the UDF resourse, which one would I have to use for the jpg files and would I have to create a new folder to store these files in the script. I am probably confusing you. But any help will be appreciated.

FileIstall() gives parameters to the compiler to include files :)

just that :)

Anyway... a method I saw here on hte forums tha I particularly liked was Reading the images in binary mode and put them in the script as strings assigned to variables... then write them and delete them each time.

I don't know if you get what I mean...

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

In my resources post look at

resource_test_min1.au3 - very simple example script for using UDF

Thanks, again. Do my jpg files go in resources.au3 and if so how? Or how do I tell the original script file where the jpg is?

I installed the Autoit software off the main website recently also with the script editor. Do I need to do anything else to compile the AutoIt3Wrapper script? Thanks, I'm sorry I'm don't know very much.

Thanks, again. Do my jpg files go in resources.au3 and if so how? Or how do I tell the original script file where the jpg is?

I installed the Autoit software off the main website recently also with the script editor. Do I need to do anything else to compile the AutoIt3Wrapper script? Thanks, I'm sorry I'm don't know very much.

You must have installed Scite4Autoit3

Also read carefully WHOLE my resource UDF topic!

You must have installed Scite4Autoit3

Also read carefully WHOLE my resource UDF topic!

Sorry to keep asking questons. Is the resource.au3 in the Autoit library or do I need to include your resource_.au3 code in my script? Aslo I have the Scite4AutoIt3 insatlled. Does it come with the reshacer.exe/upx.exe or do I need to install it as well?

Sorry to keep asking questons. Is the resource.au3 in the Autoit library or do I need to include your resource_.au3 code in my script? Aslo I have the Scite4AutoIt3 insatlled. Does it come with the reshacer.exe/upx.exe or do I need to install it as well?

- latest version of Scite4Autoit3 doesn't need reshacker.exe

- upx.exe is in AutoIt3\Aut2Exe directory

- download my resources.zip and upcack resources.au3 and place it to the same directory as your script

then in your script use:

#include "resources.au3"
_ResourceSetImageToCtrl($pic1, "TEST_JPG_1"); set JPG image to picture control from resource

see examples in my UDF post.

- latest version of Scite4Autoit3 doesn't need reshacker.exe

- upx.exe is in AutoIt3\Aut2Exe directory

- download my resources.zip and upcack resources.au3 and place it to the same directory as your script

then in your script use:

#include "resources.au3"
_ResourceSetImageToCtrl($pic1, "TEST_JPG_1"); set JPG image to picture control from resource

see examples in my UDF post.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. I'll give it a try.

Read carefully WHOLE my resource UDF topic!

I'm lost. I put your resource_Test_min1.au3, resources.au3 and image3.jpg all in the same directory and tried to to run it and all I get is the "Data from resources simple example 1" window with nothing in it. What am I doing wrong?

I'm lost. I put your resource_Test_min1.au3, resources.au3 and image3.jpg all in the same directory and tried to to run it and all I get is the "Data from resources simple example 1" window with nothing in it. What am I doing wrong?

You must compile script by F7 from Scite4Autoit3.

You must run compiled EXE (not run by F5 directly from Scite).

You must compile script by F7 from Scite4Autoit3.

You must run compiled EXE (not run by F5 directly from Scite).

I'm still having trouble. I created a new folder and put your resources.au3, resource_test_min1.au3 and the image3.jpg in the folder. I then used F7 to compile and then ran the compiled exe of resource_test_min1.au3 and all I get is still the GUI window with a heading but nothing in the window.

I'm still having trouble. I created a new folder and put your resources.au3, resource_test_min1.au3 and the image3.jpg in the folder. I then used F7 to compile and then ran the compiled exe of resource_test_min1.au3 and all I get is still the GUI window with a heading but nothing in the window.

Does it matter where the folder is that is holding the programs?

Post output from your Scite (after F7).

Also check (by reshacker.exe) if image is in output compiled EXE file, it should be in RCDATA section.

How do I post the output. I looked under tools and options but could not find it. Also how do I run reshacker.ext, where is it located.

Post output from your Scite (after F7).

Also check (by reshacker.exe) if image is in output compiled EXE file, it should be in RCDATA section.

Here is the post, but I haven't found reshacker.exe to run that.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3"

+>10:31:22 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.14 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>10:31:23 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.au3" /out "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\Tim\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

+>10:31:26 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

+>10:31:26 Created program:C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe

->Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.

>Running:ResHacker.exe -add C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe, C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe, image3.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0

'ResHacker.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

>ResHacker.exe -add C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe, C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe, image3.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0 Ended rc:1

>Running:upx.exe --best --compress-resources=0 "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe"

'upx.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

>upx.exe --best --compress-resources=0 "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe" Ended rc:1

+>10:31:27 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 5.454

>Running:ResHacker.exe -add C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe, C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe, image3.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0

'ResHacker.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

>ResHacker.exe -add C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe, C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe, image3.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0 Ended rc:1

>Running:upx.exe --best --compress-resources=0 "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\resosurce_test_min1.exe"

'upx.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

You probably use old version of AutoIt3Wrapper (Scite4AutoIt3)

because newer version doesn't need/run reshacker.exe

Also add upx.exe to your Windows system directory or Windows PATH directory.