items viewable in process explorer

ahha

Under a process explorer such as sysinternals (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx)

it is possible to see the Description and Company Name for a running program.

When I compile and run an autoit program, both the Description and Company Name are blank.

Does anyone know what to add to a program and/or compiler options so that I can set a Description and Company Name?

rasim,

Thanks the key word is compiler directives (I was thinking compiler options)

Under the process explorer noted above:

Description works perfectly.

Version seems to be forced into the x.xx.xxxx.xxxx format. So, for example 2.3, gets converted to 2.03.0000.0000 which is okay.

However I can't get Company Name to work. Where are the compiler directives listed?

I found some directives here: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...oIt3Wrapper.htm

also found similar in Directives.au3 file,

however when I tried #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=commenthere

it does not work either. Hmmm :)

Edited by ahha

rasim,

Thanks.

Description works perfectly.

Version seems to be forced into the x.xx.xxxx.xxxx format. So, for example 2.3, gets converted to 2.03.0000.0000 which is okay.

However I can't get Company Name to work. Where are the compiler directives listed?

Right Click on your au3 script > Compile with options and you have the complete window for compilation :)

An example :

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=Icon.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=Outscript.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=My script comment
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Description of my script
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Right Click on your au3 script > Compile with options and you have the complete window for compilation :)

An example :

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=Icon.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=Outscript.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=My script comment
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Description of my script
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
Under the Resource Update tab I see the various entries, however, Comment: field still does not work.

I also tried adding under Extra resource Field: the entry "Company Name = Mycompany" and it does not show under the process explorer.

I may be doing something really basic wrong here and so if you could point it out it would be greatly appreciated.

process explorer reads those fields:

#Region;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=testdesc
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=CompanyName|test
#EndRegion;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

in Autoitwrapper you use the input for description and add following to Extra resource Field:

CompanyName = your description

other default field names are listed here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646987(VS.85).aspx in section szKey.

(those names will be translated to system language)

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

process explorer reads those fields:

#Region;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=testdesc
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=CompanyName|test
#EndRegion;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

in Autoitwrapper you use the input for description and add following to Extra resource Field:

CompanyName = your description

other default field names are listed here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646987(VS.85).aspx in section szKey.

(those names will be translated to system language)

Thanks. I think I have a reasonable handle (no pun intended) on it now.

Below is a sample script that when compiled you can see where various things show up.

;two formats for compiler directives
; first - dedicated like these.  Format is #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_"PredefinedName"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Comment field                           ;this only shows up in the file Properties under "Comments" note plural
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Res Descritpion Field               ;this shows up under Description in sysinternals process explorer
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=2.30.0.2009                         ;this shows up under Version in sysinternals process explorer AND file Properties File version: AND again in Other version information as File Version
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=Legal Copyright Stuff Here

; second type is general like these.  Format is #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field="Name you want or that is predefined"|"whatever you want to insert"

;Res_Field entries - these and any others declared show up in right click file -> Properties -> Version tab
;Res_Field entries - these can been seen and entered in the AutoIt3Wrapper Resource Update tab under Extra resource Fields:
;unless noted otherwise these do NOT show up in sysinternals process explorer

;These can be seen above the Other version information area 
://////=__=.;File version: like 3.2.12.1 ;note that compiled script puts this in AND a second copy in Other version information box as noted below
://////=__=;Description:
://////=__=;Copyright:

;These can be seen above int the Other version information area 
://////=__=
://////=__=;in Properties this shows up as Item name: Company
                                                                        ;this also shows up under Company Name in sysinternals process explorer

;#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=FileVersion|FileVersion Field like 2.0c      ;in Properties this shows up as Item name: File Version
                                                                        ;note that compiled script also puts in a second item with the same name "File Version" and version like 3.2.12.1

;note that Item name: Language is entered and has an entry value English (United Kingdom)
://////=__=://///= here

Msgbox(0x40000,"Compiler Directives","Use process explorer and right click file Properties to see.")
Exit