Include files

I noted that when I tried some of the example files and solutions posted in this forum that certain variables are declared and the includes have such things as Constants.au3, GUIConstants.au3, Misc.au3 etc.......

When I try to run the files, I get errors stating the the variables have not been declared and indeed when I look in the include folder at the collection of files, I check those being included and the variables are not declared. Is there a more up to date Include folder somewhere. I have the one that came with version 3

Rgds

Look here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70902

There are several solutions how to overcome this problem.

I use my own solution:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=564277

Thanks Zedna. The first tool was pretty handy. I ran it on my scripts and got rid of some locally declared variables, but I think my original question was perhaps not as clear as it could have been.

A typical script I have switches off CAPS Lock, NUM Lock and SCROLL lock, before continuing to run because I found that CAPS Lock actually stopped the ENTER command from functioning correctly. I searched this forum and found a solution for that and it told me to add #include<Constants.au3> and #include<Misc.au3>. When I looked in both of these there were no constants VK_SCROLL, VK_NUMLOCK or VK_CAPITAL. I did a search on all the other au3 files and none of these contained these constants, so I manually added them to Constants.au3.

The script I ended up using by the way came courtesy of MrCreator and works extremely well.

My question therefore was that I have the latest and greatest AutoIt, but looking at examples, it would appear that there must be a more up to date Include folder that has additional constants in it. The reason I ask this was because it took me a little time to work out the values to assign to the constants, not too long, but as I get into further scripting, it would be nice to take existing stuff and utilize it.

Best Regards