Read Only Edit Box

redndahead

When I make the Edit box read only the background is very dark. I don't remember this happening before. Am I missing something? Here is what style I'm using.

$EditStyle = $ES_WANTRETURN + $WS_VSCROLL + $WS_HSCROLL + $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $ES_AUTOHSCROLL + $ES_MULTILINE + $WS_TABSTOP + $ES_READONLY

Thanks

red

When I make the Edit box read only the background is very dark.  I don't remember this happening before.  Am I missing something?  Here is what style I'm using.

$EditStyle = $ES_WANTRETURN + $WS_VSCROLL + $WS_HSCROLL + $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $ES_AUTOHSCROLL + $ES_MULTILINE + $WS_TABSTOP + $ES_READONLY

Thanks

red

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no so dark and it is the normal behavior for $ES_READONLY Edited by jpm

If no one has an idea does anybody mind if I put this in as a bug report?

red

P.S. this is windows 2K I haven't any idea if it does this on any other os's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a bit pre-mature. You haven't even posted a small sample script which reproduces the problem, therefore, all anybody has to go on is what you are saying, not what you are doing.

Here is the attached script.

Put both files in the same directory and change Main.txt to Main.ini

red

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Red.

The problem come from the edit inreadonly on tab as I was thinking.

I have no idea why the edit control area is so dark. That can be a Windows design decision.

I attach your script puting in comments the tab and all the second tabitem and it is OK.

Bad luck for this color on edit/readonly/tab

@jpm: after I read something in MSDN library maybe this is an explaination for this:

"WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC

A static control, or an edit control that is read-only or disabled, sends the WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message to its parent window when the control is about to be drawn. ..."

So I think we could do something or not? o:):lmao:

Regards

Holger

@jpm: after I read something in MSDN library maybe this is an explaination for this:

"WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC

A static control, or an edit control that is read-only or disabled, sends the WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message to its parent window when the control is about to be drawn. ..."

So I think we could do something or not? o:)  :lmao:

Regards

Holger

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Holger, I have a look. I was more on the track to have WM_CTLCOLOREDIT working :)

Thanks guys I really appreciate you looking at it.  It is very difficult to work with at the moment.

red

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Red,

Before we found a solution you can hide the control a display a label with the same info at the same place and switch to the edit control when you want to the user enter info :lmao:

Red,

Before we found a solution you can hide the control a display a label with the same info at the same place and switch to the edit control when you want to the user enter info :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A label won't allow scrolling will it?

red

Very similar problem, isn't it? Seems this trouble leak out again. I'm just tried workaround I used before, but it not works in your case...  o:) I also hope that this will be fixed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this problem is already fixed just check with the official release as I jusr redid :lmao:

• 4 weeks later...