Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dethredic

_INetSmtpMail Help

12 posts in this topic

So, it has been a while since I have used AutoIt, but I need it once again.

Anyways, for part of my mini project, I need to send out and e-mail, and it gets sent correctly, but the body is not working how I would like it.

Currently I have this:

#include <INet.au3>

$s_SmtpServer = "mail.xxxxx.com"
$s_FromName = "roflcopter"
$s_FromAddress = "lololololol@autoit.com"
$s_ToAddress = "me@me.com"
$s_Subject = "sup?"
$s_helo = "noes"
Dim $as_Body[6]
$as_Body[0] = "Hi,"
$as_Body[1] = ""
$as_Body[2] = "blah blah blah"
$as_Body[3] = "Please <a href = "&'"http://www.spidy.com"'&"> click here </a> check out this awesome websitez!"
$as_Body[4] = ""
$as_Body[5] = "-your friendly neighborhood spiderman"
$Response = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, $s_helo)
$err = @error
If $Response = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Success!", "Mail sent")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Error!", "Mail failed with error code " & $err)
EndIf

As you may have guessed this gives me the body:

Hi,

blah blah blah

Please <a href = "http://www.spidy.com"> click here </a> check out this awesome websitez!

-your friendly neighborhood spiderman

Where as I want it to look like:

Hi,

blah blah blah

Please click here check out this awesome websitez!

-your friendly neighborhood spiderman

Any ideas?

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Worked for me when i sent the message to Gmail. just copied the line straight from what you had.

Edited by Rental

;...<snip>

$s_FromAddress = "lololololol@autoit.com"

;...<snip>
And tell me your not running a spam bot while spoofing a from address that associates AutoIt with it. Even though it's not autoitscript.com, I don't think AutoIt needs the association with bad practice, and there is a real autoit.com (not related to AutoIt) that wouldn't want it either.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

@Jos, thanks I will check it out

@PsaltyDS I just made up random values.

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

@PsaltyDS I just made up random values.

That's cool. It's just the cyber-nazi-net-nanny in me showing through, then. Makes me paranoid.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

That's cool. It's just the cyber-nazi-net-nanny in me showing through, then. Makes me paranoid.

np, and even if I was gonna spam I would spam something good :o

@Jos

It doesn't appear that your UDF can send anonymous e-mails. Is it possible to do this?

np, and even if I was gonna spam I would spam something good :)

@Jos

It doesn't appear that your UDF can send anonymous e-mails. Is it possible to do this?

This is a "conflict in termino".

What do you really mean with anonymous email?

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This is a "conflict in termino".

What do you really mean with anonymous email?

How I had it in my original post. (custom e-mail etc.)

I can completely understand if you don't want to answer this questions due to the possibility of things that can be done with it.

As said, there is no such thing as anonymous mail. Most SMTP servers have anti relay measures not allowing unknown email domains as sender.

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

As said, there is no such thing as anonymous mail. Most SMTP servers have anti relay measures not allowing unknown email domains as sender.

Well, the senders IP will still come up, but that is it.