importing script to C++ ?

Robin

I have never worked with C++ but would like to know if its possable to import my Autoit scripts into C++...Reason for asking is so i can create a decent looking Gui with C++, but using my Autoit commands/script :)

What do you mean by fancy?

Cheers,

Brett

Basicly the "looks"...for example take the type of look "Crap Cleaner" has (dunno if you know the program but i'm sure you do).

BTW, there is nothing wrong with Autoit, nor do i try to break it down...I love AutoIt to bits.

10-1 I just need a bit more "lessons" on AutoIt's commands for the gui interface...and its just my stupidity :)

Edited by Robin

Basicly the "looks"...for example take the type of look "Crap Cleaner" has (dunno if you know the program but i'm sure you do).

BTW, there is nothing wrong with Autoit, nor do i try to break it down...I love AutoIt to bits.

10-1 I just need a bit more "lessons" on AutoIt's commands for the gui interface...and its just my stupidity :)

Take a look in my signature where it says 'If your new to AutoIt read this..." Edited by TehWhale

I have never worked with C++ but would like to know if its possable to import my Autoit scripts into C++...Reason for asking is so i can create a decent looking Gui with C++, but using my Autoit commands/script :o

AutoIt functions can be run from other languages using the AutoItX dll. AutoItX has its own support forum, but if you don't know any C++ how is that going to help?

The AutoIt interpreter itself is written in C++, so everything AutoIt does is being done by C++ functionality if you go far enough down the rabbit hole.

If you want to learn C++, then just do it. After you know how to do something in BOTH AutoIt and C++ you can decide which is appropriate for your current project. If you want AutoItX in your C++ so you don't really have to learn C++ at all, then... what was the point of involving C++ in the first place?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

AutoIt functions can be run from other languages using the AutoItX dll. AutoItX has its own support forum, but if you don't know any C++ how is that going to help?

The AutoIt interpreter itself is written in C++, so everything AutoIt does is being done by C++ functionality if you go far enough down the rabbit hole.

If you want to learn C++, then just do it. After you know how to do something in BOTH AutoIt and C++ you can decide which is appropriate for your current project. If you want AutoItX in your C++ so you don't really have to learn C++ at all, then... what was the point of involving C++ in the first place?

:)

Thx for the advice PsaltyDS...think i'll try AutoItX and see how it goes :o