Help with script

Highlight all your code in your SciTe window, and press CTRL+C. Post a new reply, go like this:

Type:

(Press   CTRL+V, then type)
AutoIt3Wrapper_useupx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, P1.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=upx.exe --best --compress-resources=0 "%out%"

#include "resources.au3"

$gui = GUICreate("pic",1600,1200)
$pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("",0,0,1600,1200)
_ResourceSetImageToCtrl($pic1, "TEST_JPG_1"); set JPG image to picture control from resource
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then Exit
WEnd

AutoIt3Wrapper_useupx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, P1.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0

#include "resources.au3"

_ResourceSetImageToCtrl($pic1, "TEST_JPG_1"); set JPG image to picture control from resource
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
WEnd
Good job! The problem is, I've never used Zednas resource UDF, so you'll have to wait until he sees the thread.

AutoIt3Wrapper_useupx=n

#include "resources.au3"

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
WEnd
If I replace P1.jpg with an image of my own, which is in the same folder as the script, and if I have upx.exe in the same folder as the script it compiles ok, and when I run the exe I get the image displayed.

If you still have a problem make sure the messages can be seen in your output pane at the bottom of scite, then after you have compiled the script copy all the text in that output pane and post it here so we can see what goes wrong.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

If I replace P1.jpg with an image of my own, which is in the same folder as the script, and if I have upx.exe in the same folder as the script it compiles ok, and when I run the exe I get the image displayed.

If you still have a problem make sure the messages can be seen in your output pane at the bottom of scite, then after you have compiled the script copy all the text in that output pane and post it here so we can see what goes wrong.

I have resources .au3, P1.jpg, my scrip, upx.exe all in the same folder. My script was compiled using F7 with the latest script editor. I still can't get my jgp image to view. Here is the output after compiling.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3"

+>15:28:51 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.14 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>15:28:51 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.au3" /out "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe" /comp 2 /nopack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\Tim\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

+>15:28:52 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

+>15:28:52 Created program:C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe

->Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.

>Running:ResHacker.exe -add C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe, C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe, P1.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0

'ResHacker.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

>ResHacker.exe -add C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe, C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe, P1.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0 Ended rc:1

>Running:upx.exe --best --compress-resources=0 "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe"

Ultimate Packer for eXecutables

Copyright © 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007

UPX 3.01w Markus Oberhumer, Laszlo Molnar & John Reiser Jul 31st 2007

File size Ratio Format Name

-------------------- ------ ----------- -----------

595961 -> 336889 56.53% win32/pe test.exe

Packed 1 file.

>upx.exe --best --compress-resources=0 "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe" Ended rc:0

+>15:28:54 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 3.800

[\code]

thanks for the help.

I have resources .au3, P1.jpg, my scrip, upx.exe all in the same folder. My script was compiled using F7 with the latest script editor. I still can't get my jgp image to view. Here is the output after compiling.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3"

+>15:28:51 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.14 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>15:28:51 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.au3" /out "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe" /comp 2 /nopack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\Tim\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

+>15:28:52 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

+>15:28:52 Created program:C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe

->Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.

>Running:ResHacker.exe -add C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe, C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe, P1.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0

'ResHacker.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

>ResHacker.exe -add C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe, C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe, P1.jpg, rcdata, TEST_JPG_1, 0 Ended rc:1

>Running:upx.exe --best --compress-resources=0 "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe"

Ultimate Packer for eXecutables

Copyright © 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007

UPX 3.01w Markus Oberhumer, Laszlo Molnar & John Reiser Jul 31st 2007

File size Ratio Format Name

-------------------- ------ ----------- -----------

595961 -> 336889 56.53% win32/pe test.exe

Packed 1 file.

>upx.exe --best --compress-resources=0 "C:\PROGRAMING AUTOIT\MYSCREEN SAVER\LANDSCAPE2\test.exe" Ended rc:0

+>15:28:54 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 3.800

[\code]

thanks for the help.

There is an error reported in the output.

'ResHacker.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

so the pictures are not being added to your exe.

Are you sure you have a copy of ResHacker.exe in the script folder?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

There is an error reported in the output.

so the pictures are not being added to your exe.

Are you sure you have a copy of ResHacker.exe in the script folder?

I was wondering about that line. I also have aut2.exe, aut2exeA, au2exe_64 in the folder, but where do I find Reshacker.exe? I don't have that in the folder. I don't know enough yet to know what I'm doing.

I was wondering about that line. I also have aut2.exe, aut2exeA, au2exe_64 in the folder, but where do I find Reshacker.exe? I don't have that in the folder. I don't know enough yet to know what I'm doing.

I don't have ResHacker.exe on my computer. Where can I download it from.

THANK YOU.

It finally works. How do I add additional images to the resources file. Here is the script.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_useupx=n

#include "resources.au3"

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
WEnd

Do I add them after the P1.jpg and before the rcdata ? I'm new at this.

It finally works. How do I add additional images to the resources file. Here is the script.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_useupx=n

#include "resources.au3"

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
WEnd

Do I add them after the P1.jpg and before the rcdata ? I'm new at this.

Glad you got it working.

Being new is very little to do with it. Taking the time to look at the information provided is everything. As Zedna has already told you, read his thread and look at the example he gives for testing the udf. The example has lots of images loaded. If you just opened his resourse_test script the answer would be staring at you and you wouldn't need to ask.

Glad you got it working.

Being new is very little to do with it. Taking the time to look at the information provided is everything. As Zedna has already told you, read his thread and look at the example he gives for testing the udf. The example has lots of images loaded. If you just opened his resourse_test script the answer would be staring at you and you wouldn't need to ask.

Thank you , I got that far and I'm working on it.

Glad you got it working.

It's one thing to look at information and understand it, and quite another to look at text and haven' the foggiest at what your looking at. I'm beginning to understand what you've been trying to say. Thanks for the help and I'm sorry I've been a bore.