I can only use this in my own network

ludocus

I made this chat-control thingie.. and I want it to be able to connect to people world wide..

It doesnt work :)..

I can only connect to people in my own network..

I did set up a static ip adress and I forwarded port 88 (although I dont know a way to check if it is forwarded).

(Im talking about the server)

Download it here: ChatControl.zip

• Developers

To which ip address are the remote clients connecting?

When its this: $ip = '192.168.1.60' it will never work as subnet 192.168.x.x is a private ip range not routed thriugh the internet.

They will have to use the IP address on the public site of your internet connection.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

so what do you suggest using then?

the ip adress wich comes up if I use _GetIP()? (86.81.222.23)

ps: I used http://portforward.com/english/routers/por...peedtouch780v6/

yes....

are you going to submit this UDF to be included in the standard set ? _ReplaceSwearWords() ..... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I could..

I tried to set up static ip adress (http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm) as I did with 192.168.1.60 but now with 86.81.222.23

and I can't even connect to my own computer.. also I cant visit any websites...

You need to use the 192.168 address when using it in your own LAN and the external address when a client connects from the internet to your ADSL router.

The ADSL router will forward the received information on Port 88 to the Internal ipaddress as specified in the ADSL router.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

From the looks of it, it looks like it works. You may want to look here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62035

this gives you all the instructions on submitting. You may also want to expand on the "list" of words, and possibly include other languages such as French, Spanish, Italian, and Russian.

• Developers

:) ok ill make it a little better and then submit it.. but can someone still help?

mmm.. I was joking about the UDF :o

Help with what?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.