save multiple clipboard data using clipentry!

Mcky

This is ClipEntry,a clipboard caching utility build using AutoIT 3.1.0.

It is in currently in early beta stage.

Requirements:AutoIT 3.1.0.

Use:

CTRL+INSERT - Paste copied data in *.CCD format.

Features:

Can store multiple copies of clipboard data while it is running.

Hotkey CTRL+INSERT to paste the clipboard data into any document.

GUI-based configuration dialog box.

Supports max number of entries

Supports maximum size of copied data limit size(example:25MB)

Supports PlugIns to customize how the way the data you copied is stored.

Limitations:

Only works with normal ASCII text data

Won't work with binary/images/sound data

Plugins support is still in pre-stages

May not work with some edit boxes that does not support CTRL+V pasting

ClipEntry file format:

DEFAULT.CCL - The entry log file,don't delete it or the program will produce errors.

*.CCD - ClipEntry's clipboard copied data file

PLUGIN.CCP - ClipEntry PlugIn

CLIPENTRY.INI - Configuration file. Delete it to reset the settings.

How to use:

When you start ClipEntry for the first time,it will show a configuration dialog box. Make whatever changes you want the program to exhibit(some settings are not completed yet). Then,either press "Apply" Or menu item "Save" to save the settings file,clipentry.ini. Then,clipentry will exit. To reset settings,delete the file clipentry.ini.

Then,start clipentry again. It will go into clipboard monitor mode. Start by copying any text data. A *.ccd file will be saved into the program folder. The *.ccd will be renamed according to the data you copied. You can copy as many data as you want up to the specified Max Entries Limit in the cofiguration box you set earlier.

Then,open any blank document(Notepad,word,run box,etc),press hotkey CTRL+INSERT and a file open dialog will appear. Select any clip data entry files you copied earlier and it will be paste into the document at the caret's position.

PlugIns:

PlugIns are autoit 3 scripts with filename PLUGIN.CCP. The program will ONLY run this plugin, so make sure to rename any plugin you want to use to PLUGIN.CCP. PlugIns can be easily created using AutoIT 3 scripting language. The variable name for the recently copied data is "$data". You can use plugins to customize how the way the data copied is stored. 3 example plugins are included in this package,one to convert all letters to uppercase,one to lowercase and one to provide logging capabilities.

I will continue to improve on ClipEntry as time goes by. You are welcome to modify the source as well. Remember,this is in an early stage and of such,bugs and errors will occur.

Post any comments/suggestions regarding it. Thanks.

Edited by Mcky
My website: (Lots of AutoIt compiled programs+GameMaker games)http://mcky.sitesled.comMy AutoIt projects:Mcky's CalEntry - Calendar schedulingMcky's Web Extractor - Web page links extractorMcky's Appkey- Powerful Hotkey-listing tool[quote]I wish I was never born. I am just a lonely soul in this world... :([/quote]

this looks cool, i will edit this post once i have tryed it

edit: in the settings GUI increase the height of the check boxes in the basic group

edit2: why not save everything in an ini file? you could have a value that tells it how many clipboard items there are

edit3: can i maybe help you out a bit with this?

edit4: i could create a GUI that shows the clips :lmao:

Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

The file DEFAULT.CCL already tells you how many clipboard data files you have.

My website: (Lots of AutoIt compiled programs+GameMaker games)http://mcky.sitesled.comMy AutoIt projects:Mcky's CalEntry - Calendar schedulingMcky's Web Extractor - Web page links extractorMcky's Appkey- Powerful Hotkey-listing tool[quote]I wish I was never born. I am just a lonely soul in this world... :([/quote]

I have updated ClipEntry to a new version.

See first post.

New additions:

Bug fixes

Added log feature,logs whenever you copy and paste into a logfile.

i still say u should use an ini

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

• 4 years later...