Using Subversion SVN with Scite4Autoit

pbr

Hi,

Since I'm developing programs at home and at work and don't want to copy them always on a USB Drive (since sometimes I just forget it...) I want to use SVN. I'm having a Linux SVN Server up and running but I can't find a way to use it with Scite4AutoIt. The CVSWrapper is just for local copys (and doesn't really work like posted here: http://autoit.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=41721 - "- No changes to commit in the SVN repository." even if the file changes)

Is there anyone using Scite4AutoIT with SVN? And with a SVN Server that's not local?

Greets

Peter

• Developers

What is the problem with using cvsWrapper together with SVN ?

It will not just work with a local SVN setup...

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sorry - maybe I'm just unable to get it work. Installed the cvsWrapper and it just won't ask me for a online repository...

Adding the Entrys to SciTEUser.properties, starting Scite, Pressing F12 gives me the opportunity to "Target default repository directory" which is a local path. How can I get the cvsWrapper to work with an online repositority?

Peter

• Developers

The way I set it up is that it checks if the directory has already a SVN setup and when that is not the case offer the local SVN solution.

So when you want to use a network SVN setup you need to use TortoiseSVN to set it all up. AFter that you can use cvsWrapper to maintain them.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks alot!

I found my error. I created the repository from my local directory, but TortoiseSVN doesn't create a .svn directory then, so cvswrapper doesn't use the svn structure... Checked it out to a new directory and now it works.

Thank you!

There is just one question:

I'm using a 'normal' Version history now (like: Dim $sVersion = 1.55) that i show in tooltip and so on. How can I change it to autoincrement by checking out or building?

Peter

• Developers

I update the program resources version using these settings (example taken from autoit3wrapper.au3).

This will prompt for for the fileversion to be updated and when you update it, it will also run cvsWrapper to update the SVN library.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=AutoIt3Wrapper.ico

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=y

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Compile or Run your Autoit3 script with options like update the resource information..

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Compile or Run your Autoit3 script with options.(Used To be Called CompileAU3)

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.10.1.15

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=p

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=Copyright © 2008 Jos van der Zande

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Made By|Jos van der Zande

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Email|jdeb at autoitscript dot com

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=AutoIt Version|%AutoItVer%

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Compile Date|%date% %time%

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%in%" "..\..\WsciteUpdates\AutoIt3Wrapper"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%out%" "..\..\WsciteUpdates\AutoIt3Wrapper"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%in%" "c:\program files\autoit3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=aaCopy2Prod.exe "%scriptfile%.EXE" "%out%" "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper" "%in%" %fileversion% %fileversionnew%

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Tidy=y

#Tidy_Parameters=/sf /gd

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/striponly

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_cvsWrapper=v

#AutoIt3Wrapper_cvsWrapper_Parameters=/comments "%fileversion% \n"

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yeah,

I've taken a look in your .au3 and noticed it. This changes the Version Number, but is there a chance to use THIS automatic increased Number as a variable down in my Script? Like my $sVersion?

Peter

Edit:

And to change the Version Numbering from X.Y.Z.A to X.Y? But that's not THAT important

Edited by pbr

• Developers

Yeah,

I've taken a look in your .au3 and noticed it. This changes the Version Number, but is there a chance to use THIS automatic increased Number as a variable down in my Script? Like my $sVersion?

Peter

Edit:

And to change the Version Numbering from X.Y.Z.A to X.Y? But that's not THAT important

Anything can be done in a Wrapper program but its not on my TODO list at this moment.

Also not sure how "generic" this would be for used by a larger usersgroup.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

So it's not possible to get the value from %fileversion% to fit in into a variable?

I can life with the alternate versionnumbering X.Y.Z.A - have to change my scripts but that's life... :)

But getting %fileversion% down inside the Script would be really helpfull, tried some ways but it didn't work out...

Peter

• Developers

So it's not possible to get the value from %fileversion% to fit in into a variable?

I can life with the alternate versionnumbering X.Y.Z.A - have to change my scripts but that's life... :)

But getting %fileversion% down inside the Script would be really helpfull, tried some ways but it didn't work out...

Peter

That is not possible, its only supported within #AutoIt3Wrapper directives.

Would be somewhat difficult to support because it would require to update the source before its ran with autoit3.exe.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi,

Btw - it's possible! Searched around in the help for a while and found FileGetVersion - so it's just: Dim $sVersion = FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath)

Now I only have to change my Version Numbering to 4 count. Think I'm setting them all to 1.0.0.0 so I can keep track of them in SVN...

Thanks a lot!

Peter

• Developers

Hi,

Btw - it's possible! Searched around in the help for a while and found FileGetVersion - so it's just: Dim $sVersion = FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath)

Now I only have to change my Version Numbering to 4 count. Think I'm setting them all to 1.0.0.0 so I can keep track of them in SVN...

Thanks a lot!

Peter

Yea, sorry about that but I even use that too in AutoIt3Wrapper.

Must be too long ago I wrote it all. :)

; get program version for display purpose

Global $VERSION = FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath)
;~ $VERSION = StringLeft($VERSION, StringInStr($VERSION, ".", 0, -1) - 1)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.