y dont autoit window info identify controls inside a web page

yehia

y dont autoit window info identify controls inside a web page

like getting the handel of an editbox or button, i know it cant be done but i need to know y

and anyway to send text to an inputbox or read the data inside it in this web page

noticed that when i tryed to :

$var = ControlCommand(WinGetTitle(""), "", ControlGetFocus(WinGetTitle("")), "GetSelected", "")

MsgBox(0,"",$var)

to get the higlighted text in inputboxes worked on windows but not in IE and FF

thanks

BTW couldnt understand anything from the IE udfs

Edited by yehia

Chrome soesn't support this yet... as far as I know

for FF there is a UDF.. try searching the forum :)

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

All is in AutoIt's helpfile.

i asked for addressing me to function names, IE udfs r too many and i dont get whats the element and whats meant by the boarder

so if u dont mind be helpful and give me a function name that i can start searchin on it

thanks

:) _IECreate()

come on the names of the functions tell everything already

anyway go take a look at forms and form elements

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

I wish it was as easy as windows controls, but its not. As said before it is either in help or forums but here a thread I have bookmarked - http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...p;hl=Javascript has some examples.

I have noticed that DaleHohm has posted a lot on this subject too.

Good luck.

Edited by bo8ster

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]