Is Beep harmful?

Alright I want to know if beep is harmful if I do it fast at certain pitches for how long etc. It seems safe but I just want to make sure before I go using it every day. It doesn't sound very good for my computer but it may be. I do want to ask one thing though, I know I sound like a dick but, if you have no clue that it's safe or not, it doesn't make you cool to pretend you do and potentially cause harm to my computer. Like I said, I'm not trying to be a dick but computers are expensive, especially in these economic times.

Right.

Pitch wouldnt make any difference, it would be volume. Because it is at a set volume wich cannot be changed (to my knowledge anyway) there is no chance of actually harming it.

And if your question was if it would harm any other part of your computer, I am pretty sure it wont.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

For those of us that started with the hardware side of computers, The system beep's primary purpose is for trouble shooting boot issues. With your motherboard you would get a user manual. Inside would be a list of number of beeps and the meaning. If you pay attention, when you start your computer you should hear one single beep. Now the part about volume being the determining factor over frequency, I wouldn't say that's entirely true. The higher the frequency the faster the electro magnets in the speaker have to change polarity, the faster the rubber has to flex back and forth, the faster everything has to move. For example take a paper clip and flex it back and forth. If you do it slowly the paper clip will last for a while. Do it faster and it will snap quicker. My theory is if you had a system beep at a high frequency go on forever, it would damage the speaker quicker then lower frequency (Or is it higher frequency slower, lower faster?). But other then that time wise. It would probably take a few decades at constant power to break the speaker. The board would burn up first. I would be concerned though about the frequencies on the human ear. I'm no doctor but it does seem to me with the annoyingness of the beep that it could actually cause dead spots in your hearing range.

Giggity

well... it has no sense going over 16000 Hz anyways because you can hardly hear them, and only if you are under 20 years old.

over ~20 years of age you only get to hear around 13000-13500 Hz because the ear loses sensibility... and it gets worse and worse XD

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

My point exactly. Would those frequencies cause you to lose them sooner? (for those out there not over 20)

No idea. Probably not.

My hearing is better than anyone I know(High pitch). I literally can hear a TV go on in the opposite side of a house. I could tell you when a light is turned on or off. Or if a store uses video cameras for security...

As far as I can tell it just takes time to get rid of the high pitch hearing=|