Recording Keyboard strokes

Let me start off by stating that I'm not using this for any keylogging purpose WHAT SO EVER. I'm developing my own Macro recording program in AutoIt so I can adapt it to my specific needs, and I think it would just be cool to have my own :o.

I'm curious to know what's the easiest way to get all keys on a keyboard written in the bot. I would REALLY hope to steer away from writing If _IsPressed("[letter a, whatever it is]') Else B, else C, else D.... and so on... That would REALLY be a pain and would be time consuming and take a lot of space up on my script.

Would there be any way to have _IsPressed($key) and $key=All keys on a keyboard?

Just curious, not sure if it's possible or not, but if it is, please share with me :).

i think the thing that you are looking for is ... Tada ... hotkeys~

i.a wach your help file under :

HotKeySet

btw: you see i am newbie ^^

No that's not it. It would be under _IsPressed is what I'm looking at. Thanks though :).

EDIT:

Guys what I'm trying to do is instead of going

If _IsPressed("A2") Then
   Send({CTRL})
ElseIf _IsPressed("A0") Then
   Send({Shift})
ElseIf _IsPressed("A2") and _IsPressed("A0") Then
   Send({CTRL})
   Send({Shift})
EndIf

And imagine every key combination possible in AutoIt... Ctrl+a, Ctrl+c, Alt+Tab, Ctrl+h+a, Ctrl+z... There would probably be millions of combinations with multiple keys being pressed... This is what I want to try and figure out so it just KNOWS when CTRL+c+d is pressed, but it could be ANY key combination possible (not just CTRL+c+d)

And Btw I'm going to have this written down in an .ini file, if that makes it any easier to do :S...

Then my second problem is reading buttons HELD DOWN... Like if someone is holding down Ctrl and clicking places it will know how to read the .ini to see when to hold down and when to release Ctrl.

I hope I can get some help on this, thanks :S.

Edited by UnknownWarrior

Bump... Why does it seem this section is dead, ... [snip whining]

Because you're basically asking for the howto write a KEYLOGGER.

Jos doesn't want such threads here. No matter, what's your intention, I'm not telling you want to abuse it for illegal stuff at all, but:

Key logging is not to be asked / answered here.

can you hear it?

Merry C-L-I-C-K :)

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• Developers

Because you're basically asking for the howto write a KEYLOGGER.

Jos doesn't want such threads here. No matter, what's your intention, I'm not telling you want to abuse it for illegal stuff at all, but:

Key logging is not to be asked / answered here.

can you hear it?

Merry C-L-I-C-K :)

We don't want keylogger script constantly discussed here because 99% of them are used for illegitimate purposes.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)