SAP UDF

seangriffin

• 3 months later...

Hi. 

Anyone know how to get text from the sidebar?

Image as attached.

session.findById("wnd[0]").maximize
session.findById("wnd[0]/sbar").doubleClick
session.findById("wnd[0]/shellcont").close

It can't be copied directly. Usually I will double click it and copy the status from the window.

Thanks!

post-87073-0-29267100-1408431460_thumb.p

• 7 months later...

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• 8 months later...

Hey there, after some research and some free programming courses from MIT on the web... I managed to better understand the SAP UDF Function and how to amend it to serve my needs.

I was basically just in need to be able to select a "Tab" in SAP (see a few posts above). The solution was actually pretty simple... I just had to change a few characters while adding one more "Case" in the _SAPObjSelect

Basically, I just added the following :

; Tab
Case StringInStr($object_id, "/tab") > 0

$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).select

Saved this into a SAP2.Au3 that I called in as an Include (removing the original SAP.Au3) and now I'm able to move from Tab to Tab without getting any annoying error messages...

Not sure if it's worth updating the whole UDF.... yet. Maybe in the same manner I added the GuiTab selection there are other objects that could be added...

Thanks a lot. This worked for me.

• 3 months later...

I think it should work as long as SAP GUI Scripting interface is enabled.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

follow these manual steps in SAP:

• Select the "Customize Local Layout" button on the toolbar.
  • Select "Script Development Tools".
  • Select "Do a hit test on the window".
  • Move your mouse to the object you want the ID of.
  • Click "Copy Id" in the Scripting Wizard.
  • Paste this ID into the function in your script.
  • Remove all text upto and including "wnd[n]/".

HI in the above steps

after selecting "Customize Local Layout" button on the toolbar.

Script Development Tools option is not present(I am using SAP730)

Edited by prudviRaju

• 9 months later...

Hi,

it does not seem to work anymore on SAP740...

_SAPSessAttach("SAP Easy Access") 

returns this:

>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Cancellabili\SAP Test\_SAPSessAttach.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
Unable to find the window with title "SAP Easy Access" to attach to.
"C:\Cancellabili\SAP Test\SAP.au3" (446) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).text = $object_value
$sap_session^ ERROR
->14:58:30 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1

Of course, the SaAP Easy Access window is open..

Any hint?

Maybe the window title has changed?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Run Winlist to check the names of the existing windows. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/4/2016 at 10:18 AM, prudviRaju said:

status bar.PNG

Anyone know how to get text from the sbar its id is : session.findById("wnd[0]/sbar").doubleClick

Since this thread shows up first on Google I thought I'd share this bit of info here.

Func _SAP_ReadStatus()
    ConsoleWrite("[SAP Automation] - Reading Status" & @CRLF)
    $SAP_Status = $sap_session.findById("wnd[0]/sbar").text
    ConsoleWrite("[SAP Automation] - Status: " & $SAP_Status & @CRLF)
    Return $SAP_Status
EndFunc   ;==>_SAP_ReadStatus

Tweak as necessary.

Regarding the script failing to attach to the  SAP Easy Access screen, I've also been having intermittent issues with connecting to SAP now. The same exact script works just fine on one computer but fails completely on another computer with an identical environment. I've even had one computer that used to be able to run SAP scripts then suddenly stops working. Same SAP client and all. Can anyone guess what's going on here?

Edited by DJKMan

Hi, i was trying to make an automation in SAP with AutoIt , Sean Griffin library's version 0.3, but it seems that even though the "Scripting is installed!" message is displayed the robot can not access to SAP.  

Also, the "Script Recording and Playback" option in SAP is disabled. 

Anyone any idea how to solve this?

I'm trying to contact the system administrators in the meantime.

Thnks in advance.

• 8 months later...

Hello, 

at first great thing  Sean Griffin! 

I hope it´s ok that i added a new function and expand 2 function.

New function:

_SAPgetGrid()

Spoiler
; #FUNCTION# ;===============================================================================
;
; Name...........:  _SAPgetGrid()
; Description ...:  Deselects an object within the currently attached session of SAP.
; Syntax.........:  _SAPgetGrid($object_id, $GridListView=0)
; Parameters ....:  $object_id  - The short ID of the object to deselect.
;                                   An object's ID is determined using the SAP Scripting Wizard.
;                                   In SAP, select the "Customize Local Layout" button on the toolbar,
;                                   then "Script Development Tools".  Select "Do a hit test on the window".
;                                   Move your mouse to the object you want the ID of.
;                                   Click "Copy Id" in the Scripting Wizard.
;                                   Paste this ID into this variable in your script, then remove all text
;                                   upto and including "wnd[n]/".
;                   $GridListView - The Listview variable for fill in the 2DArray
; Return values .:  On Success with Listview - Returns 1
;                   On Success without Listview - Returns a 2DArray
;                   On Failure  - Returns 0
; Author ........:  TheDeath24
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:  A prerequisite is that the function "_SAPSessAttach" has already been executed.
;                   This function currently supports the following SAP objects:
;                       Gridtable
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......:  No
;
; ;==========================================================================================
func _SAPgetGrid($object_id, $GridListView=0)
    Local $Cols
    Local $Rows
    Local $array[0][0]
    Local $columnnames[0]
    $sap_object_id = $object_id

Select

Case StringInStr($object_id, "/cntl") > 0
             $table = $sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id)
             $Rows = Number($table.RowCount())
             $Cols = Number($table.ColumnCount())
             ReDim $columnnames[$Cols]
             For $j = 0 To $Cols-1
               $columnnames[$j] = $table.Columnorder($j)
             Next
             ReDim $array[$Rows][$Cols]
             For $p=0 To $Cols-1
               For $k=0 To $Rows-1
                  $array[$k][$p]=$table.GetCellValue($k,$columnnames[$p])
               Next
            Next

if $GridListView <> 0 Then
               For $o = 0 To $Cols-1
                  _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($GridListView, $columnnames[$o], 30)
               Next
               For $n = 0 To UBound($array) - 1
                  _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($GridListView, $array[$n][0], -1, $n)
                  For $s = 1 To UBound($array, 2) - 1
                     _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($GridListView, $n, $array[$n][$s], $s)
                  Next
               Next
               Return 1
            Endif

EndSelect

Return $array
 EndFunc

Expand functions:

_SAPObjDeselect() ;--- now with GuiList

Spoiler
; #FUNCTION# ;===============================================================================
;
; Name...........:  _SAPObjDeselect()
; Description ...:  Deselects an object within the currently attached session of SAP.
; Syntax.........:  _SAPObjDeselect($object_id,  $row=0))
; Parameters ....:  $object_id  - The short ID of the object to deselect.
;                                   An object's ID is determined using the SAP Scripting Wizard.
;                                   In SAP, select the "Customize Local Layout" button on the toolbar,
;                                   then "Script Development Tools".  Select "Do a hit test on the window".
;                                   Move your mouse to the object you want the ID of.
;                                   Paste this ID into this variable in your script, then remove all text
;                   $row        -   The row of the List you what to deselect. It begin´s with 0.
; Return values .:  On Success  - Returns 1
; Author ........:  seangriffin
; Modified.......:  TheDeath24 - 28.02.2018
; Remarks .......:  A prerequisite is that the function "_SAPSessAttach" has already been executed.
;                       GuiCheckBox
;                       GuiLabel
;                       GuiList
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......:  No
;
; ;==========================================================================================
func _SAPObjDeselect($object_id, $row=0)

Select

; GuiCheckBox
        Case    StringInStr($object_id, "/rad") > 0 Or _
                StringInStr($object_id, "/chk") > 0

$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).selected = False

; GuiLabel
        Case    StringInStr($object_id, "/lbl") > 0

; If the GuiLabel is not a collapsed twistie, then select it (for a GuiLabel twistie, this will collapse it)
            if StringCompare($sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).text, "4") <> 0 Then

$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).setFocus
                $sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).caretPosition = 1
                _SAPVKeysSend("F2")
             EndIf

; GuiList
         Case StringInStr($object_id, "/tbl") > 0

$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).getAbsoluteRow($row).Selected = False
    EndSelect

Return 1
EndFunc

_SAPObjselect() ;--- now with GuiList

Spoiler
;
; Name...........:  _SAPObjSelect()
; Description ...:  Selects an object within the currently attached session of SAP.
; Syntax.........:  _SAPObjSelect($object_id, $row=0)
; Parameters ....:  $object_id  - The short ID of the object to select.
;                   $row        -   The row of the List you what to select. It begin´s with 0.
; Return values .:  On Success  - Returns 1
; Author ........:  seangriffin
; Modified.......:  TheDeath24 - 28.02.2018
;                       GuiButton
;                       GuiRadioButton
;                       GuiCheckBox
;                       GuiMenubar
;                       GuiLabel
;                       GuiList
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......:  Yes
;
func _SAPObjSelect($object_id, $row=0)

Select

; GuiButtons
        Case    StringInStr($object_id, "/btn") > 0

$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).press

; GuiRadioButton
        Case    StringInStr($object_id, "/rad") > 0

; GuiCheckBox
        Case    StringInStr($object_id, "/rad") > 0 Or _
                StringInStr($object_id, "/chk") > 0

$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).selected = True

; GuiMenubar
        Case    StringInStr($object_id, "mbar/") > 0

; GuiLabel
        Case    StringInStr($object_id, "/lbl") > 0

; If the GuiLabel is not an expanded twistie, then select it (for a GuiLabel twistie, this will expand it)
            if StringCompare($sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).text, "5") <> 0 Then

$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).caretPosition = 1
                _SAPVKeysSend("F2")
             EndIf

; GuiList
        Case StringInStr($object_id, "/tbl") > 0

$sap_session.findById("wnd[" & $sap_window_num & "]/" & $object_id).getAbsoluteRow($row).Selected = True

EndSelect

Return 1
 EndFunc

• 2 months later...

Hi to all, our company has moved to SAP and I must (!) automate the most repetitive operation.

So I noticed this UDF and start make experiments.

Facts: I have SAP 7.40 and the UDF, in the last version 0.4, is working, sort of.

By now I accomplished to do have this code working:

#include <SAP.au3>
_SAPSessAttach("SAP Easy Access")
_SAPObjValueSet("tbar[0]/okcd", "vf03")
sleep(250)
_SAPVKeysSend("Enter")
sleep(500)
_SAPObjValueSet("usr/ctxtVBRK-VBELN", "4550103097")
sleep(250)
_SAPVKeysSend("Enter")
sleep(500)

with the last two lines I am able to insert an invoice number in a field, and with "enter" I move to another screen.

Now I am stuck in the screenshot attached, if you can see I want to press the button as by red arrow.

But I tried with _sapobjselect with no luck, I think my problem is to figure the real name of the button.

With the SAP script recorder I have this:

If Not IsObject(application) Then
   Set SapGuiAuto  = GetObject("SAPGUI")
   Set application = SapGuiAuto.GetScriptingEngine
End If
If Not IsObject(connection) Then
   Set connection = application.Children(0)
End If
If Not IsObject(session) Then
   Set session    = connection.Children(0)
End If
If IsObject(WScript) Then
   WScript.ConnectObject session,     "on"
   WScript.ConnectObject application, "on"
End If
session.findById("wnd[0]").maximize
session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[0]/okcd").text = "vf03"
session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 0
session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/ctxtVBRK-VBELN").text = "4550004107"
session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/ctxtVBRK-VBELN").caretPosition = 10
session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 0
session.findById("wnd[0]/titl/shellcont/shell").pressButton "%GOS_TOOLBOX"
session.findById("wnd[0]/shellcont/shell").pressButton "VIEW_ATTA"
session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/cntlCONTAINER_0100/shellcont/shell").currentCellColumn = "BITM_DESCR"
session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/cntlCONTAINER_0100/shellcont/shell").selectedRows = "0"
session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/cntlCONTAINER_0100/shellcont/shell").doubleClickCurrentCell

And  I am unable to replicate the press button (but.. is that a "button " ?) steps (the first in the image is the "%GOS_TOOLBOX"

to be clear, mouse-pressing  that button opens a small toolbar and on that there is the sub-button "VIEW_ATTA"

Any ideas ?

sap1.JPG

PS I found this tool working

But It doesn't help for now, shows to me same object names as vbscript...

Edited by t0nZ
clarified my problem...

• 6 months later...
On ‎01‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 5:38 PM, Zoldex said:

Don't know, but it seems to be the same...

Can't understand.

Immagine.jpg

I'm also experiencing this error. Anyone who knows why this is happening? Any help would be much appreciated.

SAP version 7400.3.12.1130

AutoIt v3.3.14.5

• 7 months later...

I know this thread has been around a bit, but I was curious if anyone has been able to (and can show me examples of) select columns so they can be hidden or a filter applied?

Currently I am just selecting the Filter Button and trying to add a row to the filter but having issues...

Here is the code I am currently working on...

If _SAPSessAttach("[CLASS:SAP_FRONTEND_SESSION]") = False Then ; Attach to the session window and open TCODE

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\sapgui.exe /H/sap.xxxxxxxxxxx.com") ; Open SAP
   WinWaitActive ("[CLASS:SAP_FRONTEND_SESSION]","SAP",1) ; Wait 1 second to allow SAP to open

Send  ("UserName")
   Send ("{TAB}")
   Send  ("Password")
   Send ("{ENTER}")

_SAPSessAttach("[CLASS:SAP_FRONTEND_SESSION]","TCODE") ; Attach to the session window and open TCODE

Else
   _SAPObjValueSet ("tbar[0]/okcd","/nTCODE")
   _SAPVKeysSend("Enter")
EndIf

_SAPObjSelect("usr/btn%_PARBPL_%_APP_%-VALU_PUSH") ; Press the Multiple Selection button.

;**********************************************************************************************************************
_SAPSessAttach("Multiple Selection for Work center") ; Attach to the selection window
; Put the Work Center into the lower and upper field.
_SAPObjValueSet("usr/tabsTAB_STRIP/tabpSIVA/ssubSCREEN_HEADER:SAPLALDB:3010/tblSAPLALDBSINGLE/ctxtRSCSEL_255-SLOW_I[1,0]","WC1")
_SAPObjValueSet("usr/tabsTAB_STRIP/tabpSIVA/ssubSCREEN_HEADER:SAPLALDB:3010/tblSAPLALDBSINGLE/ctxtRSCSEL_255-SLOW_I[1,1]","WC2")
_SAPObjSelect("tbar[0]/btn[8]") ; Press the Execute button.

;**********************************************************************************************************************
_SAPSessAttach("Dispatch List") ; Attach to the session window
_SAPObjSelect("tbar[1]/btn[8]") ; Press the Execute button.
_SAPObjSelect("tbar[1]/btn[29]") ; Press the Set Filter button.

_SAPSessAttach("Define Filter Criteria") ; Attach to the selection window
_SAPObjPropertySet("usr/subSUB_DYN0500:SAPLSKBH:0600/cntlCONTAINER1_FILT/shellcont/shell", "selectedRows", "12") ******NOT WORKING*****
_SAPObjSelect("usr/subSUB_DYN0500:SAPLSKBH:0600/btnAPP_WL_SING") ; Press the Multiple Selection button.

No Error.png

Edited by djchaney3
Clarify - Added Picture