Databases.. how and where to begin?

Hi guys!

I'm would like to write a program that will store custom blocks of text into a database. Literally like MS Access, I want it to have the ability to recall, edit, delete, add, etc. information to and from the database.

What is the most efficient way for doing this in Autoit? Where do I start? And are there any resources you could direct me to to learn this?

Thanks again for your help :)

Yes, I'd like to have it done locally only. Also, I'd rather prefer if the user could not edit the database except through the program because the block of text will be stored in the database such that the program can recognise edittable fields and show them to the user.

Would the excel DB be able to do that? I thought they could be editted by the user.

Thanks again

Yeah, I understand that. But I would like the database to be made in such a way that it is not readable by common programs (such as Excel) so as to prevent the user from editting the database, and thus corrupting the whole thing. The format that data will be stored in the database is extremely sensitive to small changes, and I would prefer if users do not edit it.