File Properties

Guest GEVERTIN

Guest GEVERTIN

I used AutoIt v3 to create a script that has a GUI interface, and I then compiled it into an exe (let's call it "fubar.exe"). I have not yet distributed fubar.exe it to my end users. After doing some basic testing of fubar.exe (it works fine), I became curious about its Windows file properties. So I right-clicked on the fubar.exe icon and clicked Properties, and I then clicked the Version tab. I was unpleasantly surprised to find the following information there:

"File version 3.1.0.15" (which is obviously the AutoIt version)

"http://www.autoitscript.com..."

"Language English United Kingdom"

All of that information is potentially very confusing to my end users because the version number of fubar.exe is not 3.1.0.15, the URL for help with fubar.exe is not autoitscript.com, and the fubar.exe GUI is not in English United Kingdom. So here is my question: is it possible to edit such information when creating a new exe?

u can remove all that informatin with the program. "Scrite" .. scrite is an editor. i guess for autoit .. instead of having to do it in notepad or w/e scrite is a better way... u can tidy ur code etc.. it uses different colours for funtions etc ... and when u compile an autoit script using scrite u can decide whether or not to have the information u are talking about.. and u can also change it =).. gimme a sec while i get the link

qq

Hi,

When u are using the Scite4AutoIt as the editor, u can use Ctrl-F7 to compile into an .exe and provide that information.

Andre

What about Windows without using AutoIt ?It would be the same as driving a car without an steering Wheel!

In the end SciTE always prevails.

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Guest GEVERTIN

Thank you very much for all of the posts in this thread. I'm impressed by how quickly and knowledgeably everybody has responded to my original post. After reading the suggestions in this thread (all of which have been excellent), I have downloaded and begun using both Scite and resHacker. They are fantastic programs. By using those two programs, I was able to generally solve the problem that I described in my original post. But I still have one little problem remaining. Although I successfully changed these items (by using Scite and resHacker)...

"File version 3.1.0.15"

"http://www.autoitscript.com..."

...I still was not able to change the Language item. So please tell me how I can change the Language item from this...

"English (United Kingdom)"

...to this...

"English (United States)"

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to reading additional posts in this thread.

ResHack the version info of the AutoItSC.bin file by replacing the two instances of "0809" with "0409"

For an explanation.... see @OSLang Values in the AutoIt help file appendix :lmao:

1 VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 3,1,0,10
PRODUCTVERSION 3,1,0,10
FILEOS 0x4
FILETYPE 0x0
{
BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
{
    BLOCK "040904B0"
    {
        VALUE "Comments", "http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/compiled.html"
        VALUE "FileDescription", ""
        VALUE "FileVersion", "3, 1, 0, 10"
    }
}

BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
{
    VALUE "Translation", 0x0409 0x04B0
}
}
Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!