can anyone tell me how to read a text from another window

deathday

i want to read another window which keeps on changing ,i have used controlgettext to get the text but its not returing the text i need ,it gives on peoples name on chat box and i am trying to get all the peoples name from it , but it keeps on changing and shows the first time you enter into the room can anyone tell me how to get the text and then put those text into a listbox .... Edited by deathday

thanks thanks , i used it i mean the au3 info but the trouble i am finding is i can't read the particular text i wnat , i am trying to read all the people who enters into a chtroom , ..i think it will difficult for u if i don;t tell you everything , i can even post the code ...ok here is the thing

Fisrt as soon as i enter into the room after some time it say something like this"Currently in the room :jack,john ,claire" ..so on it gives out the names

i am try to read the names only then put all the names in a listbox which will update as anyone new enters into the room ..heres the code i am using :

controlgettext("retriver","",STATIC)

here retriver is the title and static the box which show the room list ,, but i don't get the room lsit like that nothing is replying ... i don't know why can you help me please if you have an example script which reads something like that which keeps on changing it will be a big help .. thanks for replying again

if i get atleast one script whcih is simila i can make my software ...

thanks zedan

i have try that but i need to make a loop to get the room list am i right but the thing is when i make a loop with do and utill it keeps on adding the smae list over and over again , can you tell me how to get the room lsit alone in a listbox and if you don't mind can you tell me how to arrnge the usernames in a single row...

Thanks for replying ...

look do u think i havent red the helpfile , it doesnt have the information i need , nothing is there regarding controlgettext and reading another window there is no example like that caz i have red the hellpfile twise it doesnt have what i need no info at all , by the way i have red more than 250 source files as well, still i couldnt found a single one which i can use to get what i want...