how to record radiostation?

au3scr

Hello I am wondering how to record radiostation if file name is not given.

Following stream (has given file name) and be recorded with inetget:

http://streamer.sotovik.ee:8500/skyplus_hi.ogg

InetGet("http://streamer.sotovik.ee:8500/skyplus_hi.ogg","lol.ogg",1,0)

but here is stream that canot be recorded with inetget:

mms://81.20.146.22/skyplus

How I could write script that record this?

if I open VLC player and then paste it (mms://81.20.146.22/skyplus) in vlc file open dialog then it plays it perfectly.

Edited by au3scr

Hint: mms://81.20.146.22/skyplus is not equal to ftp://81.20.146.22/skyplus is not equal to http://81.20.146.22/skyplus so the streaming format is not directly readable with FTP (file transfer) or HTTP (web browser) software.

Software exists for recording stream formats, even though most content distributors discourage it (you may need prior licencing approval to record otherwise you may be breaking the law in your jurisdiction, and it can reduce the amount of income collected from advertising). If in doubt, contact the radio station first.

Keep in mind a significant portion of streaming software actually sends back listening (and often other) information which can be used against you in copyright infringement scenarios.

i mean I want make script that download all data from mms://81.20.146.22/skyplus

You could contact the webmaster of the site in question and kindly ask them for the files (you see, they may be in a folder that is not accessible by you from the outside world, and can only be accessed by their scheduled programming causing each file to be streamed only)

You could offer to backup their server and keep a copy offsite at your house.

Methinks you may need to speak to a lawyer first...

VLC media player can play it just click on Media, then click on Open Network then paste that stream address input , click on play and then VLC media player can play it.This stream is free so you dont have to pay. And I am thinking if VLC media player can play it then it must be possible to make script that can also play it, and if it's possible toplay it then it must be possible to save that sound what ever comes from that stream to hard disk. and I just need a method to do this.

I think the best way to do this is using TCP commands only.

I am not good at this I have never made any script with TCP commands I even dont know how it works

Edited by au3scr

VLC media player can play it just click on Media, then click on Open Network then paste that stream address input , click on play and then VLC media player can play it.This stream is free so you dont have to pay. And I am thinking if VLC media player can play it then it must be possible to make script that can also play it, and if it's possible toplay it then it must be possible to save that sound what ever comes from that stream to hard disk. and I just need a method to do this.

I am not good at this I have never made any script with TCP commands I even dont know how it works

Its the importunity to learn it :)

Cheers, FireFox.