Unable to de-compile autoit .exe

mwpeck

Basically, I have an older .exe I created and I accidently over-wrote the source code with a different program (didnt realize I did at the time). Well, long story short, I still had the exe so I tried to use Exe2aut and it gives me the error:

Posted Image

I even downloaded the old version of autoit (the one I was using at the time of creating that script, version discovered via right-clicking the EXE and going to Properties, then Details. (File version is 3.2.12.1 to be exact)

Still got the same error running the old version.

One thing I noticed, the Exe2Aut says "Note: Only 3.2.5.1 and earlier compiled scripts are supported.".....chances are, the 12 in 3.2.12.1 is newer then that, in which case it would give the error.

That being said, is there any way to decompile the script? It was fairly simply and I could definitely write it again, but I would rather be able to decompile it if I could and get the original back.

Edited by mwpeck

Short answer.....This has been discussed to death, Next time keep a backup

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Moderators

You'll need to re-write the original.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.