StringRegExp search any case of letter combination in a txt file

i try to get e StringRegExp which search all combinations of words in a list with some letters.

test

text

and search with this letters:

gtestx

as result i should get

test

text

gtesux

as result i should get

(not text and not test! here are two t's needed)

is this possible?

• Moderators

i try to get e StringRegExp which search all combinations of words in a list with some letters.

test

text

gtestx

as result i should get

test

text

gtesux

as result i should get

(not text and not test! here are two t's needed)

is this possible?

Not without writing the proper algorithms yourself. There's no option I'm aware of like this with RegExp, and would make no sense for there to be.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

The regular expression pattern has to be specifically taylored for what it is searching for. More structured than you described in your first post.

This regular expression pattern appears to return all occurrences of "text, test, and guest" from the sample target string.

With this pattern as a basis, you should be able to change this pattern to search for the others words mentioned in your first post.

The AutoIt help file should tell you what the characters is the pattern are doing. And with experimenting you should be able to work out what the help file is on about.

I am no regular expression expert. I was surprised then this pattern worked. I am still reading and experimenting with regular expression.

Local $sStr = "C:\Documents quest and text guest settings test " & _
        "local text settings " & @CRLF & "temt quest Text Guest"

; The two unchanging letters are "e" and the last "t" in guest, text, test  
; The second last letter can be either "x" or "s".
; And the search words start with either "gu" or(|) "t"
$aResult = StringRegExp($sStr, "((?:[gu]{2}|[t])e[xs]t)", 3)        

; Allows for the search words starting with upper case
;$aResult = StringRegExp($sStr, "((?:[Ggu]{2}|[tT])e[xs]t)", 3)

Local $res
If IsArray($aResult) Then
    For $x = 0 To UBound($aResult) - 1
        $res &= $x & " = " & $aResult[$x] & @CRLF
    Next
    MsgBox(0, "Is Array", $res)
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Not Array", $aResult)
EndIf

• Moderators

The regular expression pattern has to be specifically taylored for what it is searching for. More structured than you described in your first post.

This regular expression pattern appears to return all occurrences of "text, test, and guest" from the sample target string.

With this pattern as a basis, you should be able to change this pattern to search for the others words mentioned in your first post.

The AutoIt help file should tell you what the characters is the pattern are doing. And with experimenting you should be able to work out what the help file is on about.

I am no regular expression expert. I was surprised then this pattern worked. I am still reading and experimenting with regular expression.

Local $sStr = "C:\Documents quest and text guest settings test " & _
        "local text settings " & @CRLF & "temt quest Text Guest"

; The two unchanging letters are "e" and the last "t" in guest, text, test  
; The second last letter can be either "x" or "s".
; And the search words start with either "gu" or(|) "t"

; Allows for the search words starting with upper case
;$aResult = StringRegExp($sStr, "((?:[Ggu]{2}|[tT])e[xs]t)", 3)

Local $res
    Next
Else
EndIf
Not quite sure how you can follow that logic with his last requested type of distinction:
Local $sStr = "txeusg"
Local $res
    Next
Else
EndIf

I don't see anyway to do it without looping through it, then (IMO) you're just using the wrong tool when you could do something so simple as:

Local $s_str = "txeusg"

If _WordMatch($s_str, "Text") Then
    MsgBox(64, "Info", "Text was found")
ElseIf _WordMatch($s_str, "guest") Then
    MsgBox(64, "Info", "guest was found")
Else
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "No words matched")
EndIf

Func _WordMatch($s_str_in, $s_match_find, $i_case = 0)
    Local $a_split = StringSplit($s_match_find, "")
    Local $s_hold, $i_extended

For $i = 1 To $a_split[0]
        If StringInStr("," & $s_hold, "," & $a_split[$i] & ",", $i_case) = 0 Then
    ; How many times was that char found in the string we want to match
            StringReplace($s_match_find, $a_split[$i], "", Default, $i_case)
            $i_extended = @extended
    ; If there are not enough chars, or the char doesn't exist, then no match return error
            StringReplace($s_str_in, $a_split[$i], "", Default, $i_case)
            If @extended < $i_extended Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
            $s_hold &= $a_split[$i] & ","
        EndIf
    Next

Return 1
EndFunc
I think that would be much more proficient and less error prone. Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

the idea behind my question is, i try to make a Word Challange (http://www.playfish.com/?page=game_wordchallenge) script who solve the word word search ;-)

i get 6 letters and search all possible words with this letters (which change in every round)

thanks @ SmOke_N i think that will help me

Edited by schnibble

• Moderators

i saw the script is too slow for solve it fast enough..

We offered a solution based off of what you originally asked. Not some speed demon to solve 1000's of words dictionary for some word puzzle in record time... Sorry, I don't see RegEx being any faster due to it having to be in a loop as well.

Hi,

how many words do you have to match against the 6 letters? Maybe there is a faster solution possible.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

This way is 30% faster:

;----- small dictionary to test -----
Global $asDictionary[573] = ["","sap","sat","sad","rat","rap","ram","rag", _
"nap","Nat","mat","map","mad","lap","lag","lad","fat","fan","fad","fin","fit","lid", _
"lip","lit","mid","mitt","nit","nip","rid","rig","rim","rip","Sid","sin","sip","log", _
"mom","mop","nod","rod","Ron","rot","sod","fun","mud","mum","nut","rug","rut","sum", _
"sun","fed","led","leg","met","Ned","net","bag","bad","bam","bat","cap","cab","dad", _
"Dan","gas","gag","ham","hat","jab","jam","pan","pat","tab","tag","tan","tap","bid", _
"dig","dip","hid","hit","hip","Jim","jig","kin","kid","pin","pit","pig","tin","tip", _
"Tim","cop","con","Don","dog","hop","hog","job","jog","pot","pop","top","Tom","bug", _
"bud","bum","cup","cub","dud","dug","Gus","gun","hum","jug","pup","tub","tug","beg", _
"bed","bet","hen","jet","Ken","pen","pet","peg","pep","the","of","and","a","to", _
"in","is","you","that","it","he","was","for","on","are","as","with","his","they", _
"I","at","be","this","have","from","or","one","had","by","word","but","not","what", _
"all","were","we","when","your","can","said","there","use","an","each","which","she","do", _
"how","their","if","will","up","other","about","out","many","then","them","these","so","some", _
"her","would","make","like","him","into","time","has","look","two","more","write","go","see", _
"number","no","way","could","people","my","than","first","water","been","call","who","oil","its", _
"now","find","long","down","day","did","get","come","made","may","part","over","new","sound", _
"take","only","little","work","know","place","year","live","me","back","give","most","very","after", _
"thing","our","just","name","good","sentence","man","think","say","great","where","help","through","much", _
"before","line","right","too","mean","old","any","same","tell","boy","follow","came","want","show", _
"also","around","farm","three","small","set","put","end","does","another","well","large","must","big", _
"even","such","because","turn","here","why","ask","went","men","read","need","land","different","home", _
"us","move","try","kind","hand","picture","again","change","off","play","spell","air","away","animal", _
"house","point","page","letter","mother","answer","found","study","still","learn","should","America","world", _
"every","near","add","food","between","own","below","country","plant","last","school","father","keep","tree", _
"never","start","city","earth","eye","light","thought","head","under","story","saw","left","don't","few", _
"while","along","might","chose","something","seem","next","hard","open","example","begin","life","always", _
"both","paper","together","got","group","often","run","important","until","children","side","feet","car", _
"night","walk","white","sea","began","grow","took","river","four","carry","state","once","book","hear", _
"stop","without","second","late","miss","idea","enough","eat","face","watch","far","Indian","really","almost", _
"let","above","girl","sometimes","mountain","cut","young","talk","soon","list","song","being","leave", _
"it's","am","ate","best","better","black","blue","bring","brown","buy","clean","cold","done","draw", _
"drink","eight","fall","fast","five","fly","full","funny","gave","giving","goes","green","hold","hot", _
"hurt","jump","laugh","myself","pick","please","pretty","pull","ran","red","ride","round","seven","shall", _
"sing","sit","six","sleep","ten","thank","today","upon","warm","wash","wish","yellow","yes","act", _
"ant","bake","band","bank","bell","belt","Ben","bend","bent","Bess","bike","bit","bite","blast", _
"bled","blend","blimp","blink","bliss","block","blond","blot","bluff","blunt","bone","brag","brand","brass", _
"brat","bred","bride","brig","brim","broke","brunt","brute","bump","bun","bunt","bust","camp","cane", _
"can't","cape","cast","cat","clad","clam","clamp","clan","clap","clasp","class","cliff","cling","clink", _
"clip","close","clot","club","clump","clung","cone","crab","craft","cram","cramp","crib","crime","crisp", _
"crop","crust","cure","cute","dam","damp","den","dent","dim","dime","dine","dire","dive","dope", _
"draft","drag","drank","dress","drift","high","those","mile","family"]

;----- Test string -----
$sTest = "gtesux"

;----- prepare test string as array -----
$asTestArray = StringSplit($sTest,"")

;----- loop through dictionary -----
For $i = 1 to (UBound($asDictionary) - 1)

$sHold = $asDictionary[$i]

For $j = 1 to (UBound($asTestArray) - 1)
        $sHold = StringReplace($sHold,$asTestArray[$j],"",1)
    Next

If StringLen($sHold) > 0 Then ContinueLoop

ConsoleWrite($asDictionary[$i] & @LF)

Next

... it loops through the test string rather than each individual word.

[EDIT] bloody line-wrapping :)

Edited by andybiochem
- Table UDF - create simple data tables - Line Graph UDF GDI+ - quickly create simple line graphs with x and y axes (uses GDI+ with double buffer) - Line Graph UDF - quickly create simple line graphs with x and y axes (uses AI native graphic control) - Barcode Generator Code 128 B C - Create the 1/0 code for barcodes. - WebCam as BarCode Reader - use your webcam to read barcodes - Stereograms!!! - make your own stereograms in AutoIT - Ziggurat Gaussian Distribution RNG - generate random numbers based on normal/gaussian distribution - Box-Muller Gaussian Distribution RNG - generate random numbers based on normal/gaussian distribution - Elastic Radio Buttons - faux-gravity effects in AutoIT (from javascript)- Morse Code Generator - Generate morse code by tapping your spacebar!