GUISetState

Blue_Drache

Ok, must be my monitor then.

Ok, making my own topic as this one has wandered away I think.

This thread references the thread entitled "Flickering"

Ok, I'll try to explain my twisted o:) and hidden :lmao: logic.

Draw the primary GUI, and enter the data loop. Since all the GUI windows are assigned handles, once drawn we can pull them back up at any time. If we click a button for the "config" GUI, do we not need to hide the original one first so we can display the second one, and vice versa when going back from the secondary window to the primary?

My aim is to display only one window at a time located in the same space as the previous one (that's why I'm getting all the window locations and moving them before displaying).

I'm sure my methods are a bit crude, but this was the first idea that came to mind and seemed to work well on the computer that I originally coded it on... No flicker; however, when I ran it on a slower computer, I noticed a slight twich in the refresh of the entire screen.

Would it be easier to code/draw only what changes instead of redrawing/coding the entire GUI?

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Ok, making my own topic as this one has wandered away I think.

This thread references the thread entitled "Flickering"

Ok, I'll try to explain my twisted :) and hidden :lmao: logic.

Draw the primary GUI, and enter the data loop. Since all the GUI windows are assigned handles, once drawn we can pull them back up at any time. If we click a button for the "config" GUI, do we not need to hide the original one first so we can display the second one, and vice versa when going back from the secondary window to the primary?

My aim is to display only one window at a time located in the same space as the previous one (that's why I'm getting all the window locations and moving them before displaying).

I'm sure my methods are a bit crude, but this was the first idea that came to mind and seemed to work well on the computer that I originally coded it on... No flicker; however, when I ran it on a slower computer, I noticed a slight twich in the refresh of the entire screen.

Would it be easier to code/draw only what changes instead of redrawing/coding the entire GUI?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i your concerne is just changing the label of the button it is better to update it with GuiCtrlSetData than switching between 2 windows. :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So......... just change the data of the window? I don't know if that's practical considering the ammount of labels and buttons that will need to be changed....but I do agree it would draw faster. Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache