RunAs not working - Does RunAsSet still exist?

Greetings,

I'm trying to install an app for non-admin users on our domain. I did it back in April and now when I create a new one for a different app, it doesn't work. I'm using a real simple script:

RunAs("upgrade", "AD", "Winter08")

RunWait ("C:\upgrade\emr10_24_0012.msi")

RunAs()

The error I get is:

Line -1:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters in function call.

Also, I'm sure I did this as RunAsSet last time and now that lists as an unknown function. Has this changed since I last used AutoIT? At any rate, it acts like I have an invalid user name or password but I know it's correct. Anyone know what my problem is? Thanks for any help.

Maybe figured it out (still need to test). I guess you can't run msi files without calling msiexec first. I didn't realize it worked the same way it works via a command prompt.

Greetings,

I'm trying to install an app for non-admin users on our domain. I did it back in April and now when I create a new one for a different app, it doesn't work. I'm using a real simple script:

RunAs()

The error I get is:

Line -1:

Also, I'm sure I did this as RunAsSet last time and now that lists as an unknown function. Has this changed since I last used AutoIT? At any rate, it acts like I have an invalid user name or password but I know it's correct. Anyone know what my problem is? Thanks for any help.

Greetings,

RunAs()

The error I get is:

Line -1:

You seem to be doing this as though you still had to use RunAsSet(). That function was removed from AutoIt a few versions ago (3.2.11.0 Beta back in January, 2008) and replaced with RunAs() and RunAsWait(). The credentials and the executable are all handled in a single function. There is no more separate process to set up the credentials and clear them afterwords. It should all be one line now, as shown by azure above.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You seem to be doing this as though you still had to use RunAsSet(). That function was removed from AutoIt a few versions ago (3.2.11.0 Beta back in January, 2008) and replaced with RunAs() and RunAsWait(). The credentials and the executable are all handled in a single function. There is no more separate process to set up the credentials and clear them afterwords. It should all be one line now, as shown by azure above.

:)

That would explain it! Thanks. I guess I had an older version of AutoIT installed before I re-imaged my box a few weeks back.

Thank you. That seemed to work. What does the logon_flag "1" do?

CODE

RunAsWait ( "username", "domain", "password", logon_flags, "filename" [, "workingdir" [, flag]] )

Parameters

username: The username to log on with.

domain: The domain to authenticate against.

password: The password for the user.

logon_flags:

0 - Interactive logon with no profile.

1 - Interactive logon with profile.

2 - Network credentials only.

4 - Inherit the calling processes environment instead of the user's.

filename: The name of the executable (EXE, BAT, COM, PIF) to run.

workingdir [optional]: The working directory. If not specified, then the value of @SystemDir will be used.

flag [optional]: The "show" flag of the executed program:

@SW_HIDE = Hidden window (or Default keyword)

@SW_MINIMIZE = Minimized window

@SW_MAXIMIZE = Maximized window