Problems in Scheduling a task on Vista from Win2k3 Server

Manjish

I am using the following script to schedule a task on vista pc from a win2k3 server:

$create="schtasks /create /s " & $var & " /ru administrator /rp " & '"xxxxxx"' &" /sc weekly /d tue /tn crude1 /tr c:\Temp\Device.exe /ST 02:00:00"

$run="schtasks /run /s " & $var &" /u administrator /p "& '"xxxxxx"' & " /tn " & '"crude1"'

$delete="schtasks /delete /s " & $var &" /u administrator /p "& '"xxxxxx"' & " /tn " & '"crude1"' & " /f"

Run($delete)

sleep(5000)

Run($create)

sleep(5000)

Run($run)

sleep(5000)

Run($delete)

What this script does is that it takes the computer name($var) from an inputbox and schedules a task on that computer to run a compiled autoit script exe (device.exe) located in temp folder of the remote m/c. It creates this task, runs it immediately and deletes it.

PROBLEM: My basic problem with this script is that when i try to schedule this task on a vista pc i keep on getting the error: "ERROR: C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll".

The script runs fine for win xp pro and win2k3 server OS m/cs. The main reason for this maybe that the versions of task scheduler in Vista and Win2k3 /Xp Pro are different.

I really need to get around this problem as soon as possible.

PSExec is a really big hassle, so if possible please help me find another solution.

Thanks.

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

I am using the following script to schedule a task on vista pc from a win2k3 server:

What this script does is that it takes the computer name($var) from an inputbox and schedules a task on that computer to run a compiled autoit script exe (device.exe) located in temp folder of the remote m/c. It creates this task, runs it immediately and deletes it.

PROBLEM: My basic problem with this script is that when i try to schedule this task on a vista pc i keep on getting the error: "ERROR: C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll".

The script runs fine for win xp pro and win2k3 server OS m/cs. The main reason for this maybe that the versions of task scheduler in Vista and Win2k3 /Xp Pro are different.

I really need to get around this problem as soon as possible.

PSExec is a really big hassle, so if possible please help me find another solution.

Thanks.

Hi,

maybe your problem is UAC on the Vista computer. Try to create/delete the scheduled tasks by WMI.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394399(VS.85).aspx for description. There is a basic WMI Script example which you can simply translate into autoit.

;-))

Stefan

Hi,

maybe your problem is UAC on the Vista computer. Try to create/delete the scheduled tasks by WMI.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394399(VS.85).aspx for description. There is a basic WMI Script example which you can simply translate into autoit.

;-))

Stefan

Thanks for your reply. I checked out the above link. But it is clearly mentioned in the posts beneath the article, that this is not supported for vista. You can reffer to the following quote to find what I am reffering to:

Scheduled tasks don't interact with desktop in Vista

Script run "notepad.exe" after 2 minutes in WinXP SP1 it works well and I can see "notepad" on my desktop, but it don't appears in Vista Basic (process "notepad.exe" is exists)

That I do not so?

t=DateAdd("n",2,time)

min=Minute(t)

hou=Hour(t)

if Len(min)=1 then min="0"&min

if Len(hou)=1 then hou="0"&hou

CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator").ConnectServer.get("Win32_ScheduledJob").create "notepad.exe","********"&hou&min&"00.000000+180",1,"","",1

I tried out a WMI script which i had for scheduling tasks. Its not working for Vista.

Please help me.

Thanks

Edited by Manjish
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com