Memory Hacking.

Influx

Well im sure many of you love to play WoW.

Im sure we all would rather play on free private servers :).

However recently blizzard has stopped us from being able to change the realmlist file.(we can change but it doesnt have any effect)

however i found that by memory hacking and replacing all instances of us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com with the server wanted(viz memory hacking)( it will connect to that server.

So my question is, is there a udf to replace all instances of one text value with another inside a running application's memory?

if not could someone point me in the right direction.?

Edited by Influx

Well im sure any of you love to play WoW.

Im sure we all woudl rather play on free private servers :o.

However recently blizzard has stopped us from being able to change the realmlist file.(we can change but it doesnt have any effect)

however i found that by memory hacking and replacing all instances of us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com with the server wanted(viz memory hacking)( it will connect to that server.

So my question is, is there a udf to replace all instances of one text value with another inside a running application's memory?

I use NomadMemory.au3 for all my memory hacking for WoW, You should see my latest hack module releasing soon :), But thats a good idea you got there! Im going to look into it , but heres nomadMemroy.au3 in the attachment! Good luck

NomadMemory.au3

Well im sure any of you love to play WoW.

Im sure we all woudl rather play on free private servers :).

I'm no expert, but wouldn't this technically be detected by warden?

I'm no expert, but wouldn't this technically be detected by warden?

Yes but if your not connected to Blizzards server then your not connected to their warden.

Also it wouldn't matter because unless your using your same account information and blizzard is key logging you.. Then who cares, They have no account to ban.

In conclusion.

No.

No, i used cheat engine to do this, a tool detected by WoW. However i edited it with resource hacker and opened it after WoW(if i opened CE before it would detect it) and then found the memory values and edited them.

I did this because i reformatted and all the 3.0.3 patches i have downloaded in the last week seem to complete ignore the congifuration files, so i now assume blizzard has done this to stop private servers.

Thanks for the include and info =]

altering the hostsfile would work just great, but WOW may check the hosts file. Also the main purpose of this was the change settings without touching any files.

@mwpeck, thats not off topic, because if I could do that I could change the the server from memory doing that,