Binding .exe to users Harddrive? like one .exe per person

hello, Once again Im still worried about releasing my hack module for WoW So soon Because Like other developers want, The only way to make your earned money selling software you have to prevent sharing/cracking of your software! Now I know that everything is "hackable" but theres alot of ways to slow people down! So ive heard of making the .exe for each person that buys the program., So once they pay I make a special version for that user and it wont work on anyother computer, I think someone mentioned binding the program to their hard drive? How would I go about making it So the .exe will only run with specific parameters from that users PC..? The user is going to have to buy an "account" from my website and log in everytime they use the module. and to prevent password sharing Im going to use I.P banning and limiting,. Only 2 different I.Ps per week or so can login, (unless the root is the same i.e 212.87.1 then 212.87.0.0 )

Any suggestions? tips? Somewhere to start? Im looking into patching my exe to stop the decomplier

Thank you for your guys time! I will credit those who help when credit is due! :) have a great day. :o

Hi,

maybe this gives you some ideas

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry176837

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Of coarse I would refund their money if they buy the software and 3 days later their harddrive fails! but if 3 months later they get a new PC or w.e, unless they bought a lifetime membership . They dont get a refund, thats just stupid. But if they pay for anouther 3 month membership for $9.99 I make anouther custom program. But any IDEAS or knowledge on this please!

hello, Once again Im still worried about releasing my hack module for WoW So soon Because Like other developers want, The only way to make your earned money selling software you have to prevent sharing/cracking of your software! Now I know that everything is "hackable" but theres alot of ways to slow people down! So ive heard of making the .exe for each person that buys the program., So once they pay I make a special version for that user and it wont work on anyother computer, I think someone mentioned binding the program to their hard drive? How would I go about making it So the .exe will only run with specific parameters from that users PC..? The user is going to have to buy an "account" from my website and log in everytime they use the module. and to prevent password sharing Im going to use I.P banning and limiting,. Only 2 different I.Ps per week or so can login, (unless the root is the same i.e 212.87.1 then 212.87.0.0 )

Any suggestions? tips? Somewhere to start? Im looking into patching my exe to stop the decomplier

Thank you for your guys time! I will credit those who help when credit is due! :) have a great day. :o

One question.

where are you going to release this?

If the script only checks the key

If $Key = $License Then

It's easily crackable via olly debug, and other tools.

Lol, you need to have a least a short glance to get to know what it does.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Why go to this much trouble if you already have in mind a subscription service and are making them log in to your server before running the app? Why don't you just use your ip banning scheme and give them a username/password and send them back an encrypted token. You could develop an algorithm that changes, or you could continually send a very small .ini file or something that is good for a week, or many other ways to defeat cracking/sharing. A craked .exe that is dynamically changing how it activates itself? Not sure, but sounds pretty hard to crack if it is always changing the way it get's it's 'key' from what you send it from your server on login. This way it would be tied to their account rather than having a coded .exe on thier drive. What if they lose the .exe after a format or something? Online games do it, sounds like this would be a better alternative for you.

Sul.

Why go to this much trouble if you already have in mind a subscription service and are making them log in to your server before running the app? Why don't you just use your ip banning scheme and give them a username/password and send them back an encrypted token. You could develop an algorithm that changes, or you could continually send a very small .ini file or something that is good for a week, or many other ways to defeat cracking/sharing. A craked .exe that is dynamically changing how it activates itself? Not sure, but sounds pretty hard to crack if it is always changing the way it get's it's 'key' from what you send it from your server on login. This way it would be tied to their account rather than having a coded .exe on thier drive. What if they lose the .exe after a format or something? Online games do it, sounds like this would be a better alternative for you.

Sul.

well the sensitive data that I need the program to get wont change until the next patch, Im still debating on hwo I can do this, Im trying to find a good login script thatI can use to lgin with the AutoIT program....

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"