Memory read/write

Fend

Ok so i have been working on learning how to work with memory. I spent the last few days researching cheatengine to get the values I need to manipulate and find myself a bit lost. I think if I could see something simple I could figure out the rest, so here goes.

I am looking to read the value for HP on my char in a game and display it on a tooltip for 1sec.(this should give me enough to get me moving in the right direction) I can do this with the adress that is generated each time the game loads but I wanted to work with something static.

the process is "client.exe"

The static address is 086ab78 it points to an address with the offset 560

Then the new address points to the address that holds the value I want with an offset of 31c

Here is a picture of the cheatengine window

Posted Image

I am stuck when I am dealing with pointers(I read Szhlopp's memory UDP tons but missing something)

I would be greatfull for any help however big or small! Thank you

I like cookies?

@igotandrew: I have been using nomadmemory, for some reason having issues getting it to work with these pointers. It's been a rather painfull process :)

@FireFox: I have spent hours working with Szhlopp's code and I am missing something fundemental I think.

Thx for the replies :o

I like cookies?

@igotandrew: I have been using nomadmemory, for some reason having issues getting it to work with these pointers. It's been a rather painfull process :)

@FireFox: I have spent hours working with Szhlopp's code and I am missing something fundemental I think.

Thx for the replies :o

Hey Fend,

Go ahead and copy/paste that address.

1) Where it says "P->219####", right click>Copy

2) Right click>Paste.

This will format that green address into a static address.

Instead of "086ab78", it might say "082ab78+Client.exe"

This is where my UDF comes into play. Now you can use my BaseAddress function to get what that equals. All you have to do now is add everything up.

If this is an online game or MMO, you may have to get the green address everytime they apply any sort of patch. Because how that pointer is generated could have been changed. But as far as rebooting your PC you won't loose it.

Let me know if you run into any other troubles.

Szhlopp

Thx man!! After a few more hours tweaking things I got it to work!! I spent most of the day playing with a few different programs and just using the code, I feel infinitely better about the whole memory process.

I did run into a question though, I tried a different game and found the Xcoord as a 4byte but the Ycoord as a byte. Is this uncommon? the pointer to the Ycoord is 4byte so I get a huge value as apposed to what it should be. Does autoit have a means to convert that 4byte value to a byte?

Thanks again so much!!!

Edited by Fend

I like cookies?