Hide from task manager?

Hi,

I have this script which checks the wheather of a lot of location on the earth, and then plots these to a world map. The problem is that this takes a long time to leech from the wheather page for each location on the earth. So I have created a program which calls another Exe and passing on the locations to get the weather from. I was wondering why it still took so long and took a look at the task manager to check for some excessive CPU usage or something like that. Then I saw the following:

WheatherGlobe.exe
WheatherLeechThread.exe
WheatherLeechThread.exe
WheatherLeechThread.exe
WheatherLeechThread.exe
WheatherLeechThread.exe
WheatherLeechThread.exe
 WheatherLeechThread.exe
 WheatherLeechThread.exe
 WheatherLeechThread.exe
 WheatherLeechThread.exe

Which is actually really unpleasant for the user. (kinda like the svchost.exe o.O)

So I was wondering if there was a way of hiding a process from the task manager, since I do not like what it is showing right now.

Or, a way of multithreading my application in which it is able to get the source of a page and process that (not possible as far as my searches have informed me)

I do also understand that this certain piece of coding may be the missing piece to anyone writing malicious scripts with AutoIt, therefore I would like to ask whoever has the solution to either PM it to me, or post it here and remove it once I told you I've seen it.

My appreciations already to anyone who is able to help me out on this matter. =)

~ Toon

[right]~What can I say, I'm a Simplistic person[/right]

For $a = 0 to Ubound($locations) - 1
    $source = _InetGetSource("Http://www.url.com/wheather.php?location=" & $locations[$a])
    $Temperature = Stringbetween($source, "leftwrap", "rightwrap")
    $Sky = StringBetween($source, "leftwrap", "rightwrap")
    Etc. Etc.
    FileWriteLine(@HomeDrive & "/temp/WheatherGlobe.ini", $locations[$a] & " - " & "temp = " (youknowthedeal) )
Next
ConsoleWrite("Thread " & $ThreadNum & " Has Finished getting wheathers."

basically. I have it on another PC and cannot access it till over one-and-a-half week since that's at my fathers place and he's gone.

we think alike. using multipule processes is GREAT because autoit doesnt multi thread =]

However i have the same problem for the shell i am making. Multiple proccesses can collect info faster than one.

So then how do we hide these processes?

• Moderators

we think alike. using multipule processes is GREAT because autoit doesnt multi thread =]

However i have the same problem for the shell i am making. Multiple proccesses can collect info faster than one.

So then how do we hide these processes?

Write a dll in another language to do your core work, and call it from AutoIt, because you won't be hiding anything from task manager using native AutoIt.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well Manadar, I have a reply to that:

only running 10 threads is just for now, in testing stages, I am planning on finally running it up to 100 threads depending on the user's Internet speeds. So I would prefer hiding the entries from the task manager instead of it showing up a 100 times.

• Moderators

Well Manadar, I have a reply to that:

only running 10 threads is just for now, in testing stages, I am planning on finally running it up to 100 threads depending on the user's Internet speeds. So I would prefer hiding the entries from the task manager instead of it showing up a 100 times.

Your question has been answered.

Topic closed.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.