emailing AutoIt3 exe

I'm trying to email a compiled autoit3 script (the exe). Outlook is complaining with the message "Outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe attachment." While I can not be sure, this behavior may be new to AutoIt3.

How can a compiled AutoIt3 script be emailed to someone using Outlook?

Thanks for any clues.

Richard

Newer Outlook version block all exe files, no matter if they're AutoIt scripts or not, so this has nothing to do with AutoIt.

Just zip the compiled script and then send it. Or send the AU3 script and direct them to the AUtoIt website.

Newer Outlook version block all exe files, no matter if they're AutoIt scripts or not, so this has nothing to do with AutoIt.

Just zip the compiled script and then send it. Or send the AU3 script and direct them to the AUtoIt website.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks!

That works fine. Is the issue with Outlook all exe or just AutoIt exe?

Richard

Thanks!

That works fine. Is the issue with Outlook all exe or just AutoIt exe?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Outlook.

Check out this page to get some more information about it..

Edit : I just tested the link, and it doesn't appear to work for me anymore.

Maybe it's only me..

Edited by Helge

i dont think email services and programs should be able to do that, it just pisses me off

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Usually when I send a *.zip, *.exe, *.jpg or a *.txt file, I have to change the extension on it, otherwise our exchange server strips the file off and doesn't let it go through.

I hear ya, it does suck. :lmao:

[font="Verdana"]People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Benard Shaw[/font]

I also know that Gmail blocks *.exe attachments.

In fact, the mail servers of most internet service providers remove *.exe attachments; so even if you send it, your friend likely won't receive it.

As people have suggested above:

1) Zip the file

2) change the file extension to something like *.ex_ and have the recipient rename it.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

In fact, the mail servers of most internet service providers remove *.exe attachments; so even if you send it, your friend likely won't receive it.

Wrong. Most don't filter email unless the user asked for e.g. a spam or antivirus filter as this is illegal in some countries. And even then the providers are not allowed to simply delete the mails unless the user especially asked for the automatic deletion of the emails.