Active Directory: how can I add a global to a local group?

Hi there,

is it possible in AutoIt to add a global to a local group in an Active Directory environment?

I'm already using the UDF library "adfunctions.au3" but there's only a function "_ADAddUserToGroup" which will add an user to a group. This function IMHO isn't able to add groups to other groups.

If I use the Active Directory Console it is possible to add global groups to local groups. How can I implement this in AutoIt?

The only useful thing my friend Google found is this: http://www.visualbasicscript.com/m_26817/tm.htm

But unfortunately this example is written in VBS and I'm not very experienced in VBS. Can anybody translate it to AutoIt or help me in another way?

Any help appreciated! TIA!

HeinWupp

Edited by HeinWupp

Hi there,

is it possible in AutoIt to add a global to a local group in an Active Directory environment?

I'm already using the UDF library "adfunctions.au3" but there's only a function "_ADAddUserToGroup" which will add an user to a group. This function IMHO isn't able to add groups to other groups.

If I use the Active Directory Console it is possible to add global groups to local groups. How can I implement this in AutoIt?

The only useful thing my friend Google found is this: http://www.visualbasicscript.com/m_26817/tm.htm

But unfortunately this example is written in VBS and I'm not very experienced in VBS. Can anybody translate it to AutoIt or help me in another way?

Any help appreciated! TIA!

HeinWupp

Happy New Year:
Global $sDomain = "Domain_Name"
Global $sGlobalGroup = "Global_Group_Name"
Global $sLocalGroup = "Local_Group_Name"
Global $sComputer = @ComputerName
Global $oDomainGroup = ObjGet("WinNT://" & $sDomain & "/" & $sGlobalGroup & ",group")
Global $oLocalAdmGroup = ObjGet("WinNT://" & $sComputer & "/" & $sLocalGroup & ",group")
$oLocalAdmGroup.Add($oDomainGroup.AdsPath)
$oLocalAdmGroup.SetInfo

:)

Edit: Made it cleaner.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law