can anyone tell me ..

can anyone tell me how to read another window and then put those data into a listbox in a row ..please help me , i need just one example script if you have one please post it here , i have looked every where searched gooogle for more than two weeks i couldnt found a single thing like that , i have red complete autoit help file and volter tutorial and more than 200 source file still there isnt a single script which reads another window using controlgettext and then put that data into a listbox and arrange it ...in a single row , i am finding tons of difficulty when i try to write my script caz the _guictrllistbox_addstring thing is very difficult it does not add the strings in a single row m i have to repeat so mant times to make them in a row ... just please i need one example script thats all , it will be a big help .....i have already posted regarding this ..in another post which has autoit window info shwoing what i need to get .....

Edited by deathday

Please give more informations.

- What window is it, what u want the read out? (application type, i.e. 'Winword' or 'Notepad' or other)

- Where are to find the wanted text? (Edit-Ctrl, Label,...)

- Whats why u want to read text from window? - Are where no file exists, whose includes the needed text?

Edited by BugFix

Best Regards BugFix  

post-44161-1231160447_thumb.png check this topic if u need a better look , please image

thats the the thing i am trying to read , so far i have made a do until loop and i am getting the peoples names in the room in an Array , i don't know how to arrange the peoples names into a listbox , when i add the names same name is added repeatedly ,like john is added though john is in the list box, i want to make the listbox refresh as ppl enters into rooms and get the latest room list and that list i want to add into the listbox ,in a single row ..

Edited by deathday

So basically you want to create your own interface for and existing chat? Also why create a duplicate thread? I agree with firefox, you need to go through the help file more. lists are covered in the tutorial. Creating a list that constantly updates by reading another list is really difficult to make look pretty. I have a script (that I need to work on again) that reads an ini file that is updated as people log in or off. But that is my own developed chat program not reading someone elses. My hint is You have to read their list. Compare it to your list. Only update if there are differences. And don't check for changes rapidly.

Giggity

i have red the helpfile twice and i couldnt find out anything which can help me , can you tell me where i can get such a script examples , i need lot of examples , or if you know any site where i can find help please tell me , i need to learn lot of things i am finding lot of difficulties as i go through my script ...i need more examples ...