Else
        If $nID > 0 Then
            $nID = -$nID
        ElseIf $nID < 0 Then
            $nID = -($nID + 1)
        EndIf
    EndIf

Return $nID
EndFunc   ;==>_GetIconIDoÝ÷ ÛZ·l²î|¬¦¥z»kÊØb±«­¢+ØÀÌØí¥±ôÅÕ½Ðí¡©¨¹±°ÅÕ½Ðì(ÀÌØí¥½¸ô´Ø()5Í ½à À°}Ñ%½¹% ÀÌØí¥½¸°ÀÌØí¥±¤°}Ñ%½¹%È ÀÌØí¥½¸°ÀÌØí¥±¤¤()Õ¹}Ñ%½¹%È ÀÌØí¹%°ÀÌØíÍ¥±¤(%IÑÕɸ´ÀÌØí¹%´ ÀÌØí¹%±ÐìÀ¤)¹Õ¹ìôôÐí}Ñ%½¹%È((쨨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨(ìÐÑ¡¥½¸%±¥­¥¸¹ÝÈÕѽ¥ÐÙÉÍ¥½¹Ì(쨨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨)Õ¹}Ñ%½¹% ÀÌØí¹%°ÀÌØíÍ¥±¤(%%MÑÉ¥¹I¥¡Ð ÀÌØíÍ¥±°Ð¤ôÅÕ½Ðì¹áÅÕ½ÐìQ¡¸($%%ÀÌØí¹%±ÐìÀQ¡¸($$$ÀÌØí¹%ô´ ÀÌØí¹%¬Ä¤($%±Í%ÀÌØí¹%ÐìÀQ¡¸($$$ÀÌØí¹%ô´ÀÌØí¹%($%¹%(%±Í%MÑÉ¥¹I¥¡Ð ÀÌØíÍ¥±°Ð¤ôÅÕ½Ðì¹¥°ÅÕ½Ðì¹ÀÌØí¹%±ÐìÀQ¡¸($$ÀÌØí¹%ô´ ÀÌØí¹%¬Ä¤(%±Í($%%ÀÌØí¹%ÐìÀQ¡¸($$$ÀÌØí¹%ô´ÀÌØí¹%($%±Í%ÀÌØí¹%±ÐìÀQ¡¸($$$ÀÌØí¹%ô´ ÀÌØí¹%¬Ä¤($%¹%(%¹%($(%IÑÕɸÀÌØí¹%)¹Õ¹ìôôÐí}Ñ%½¹%

anyone found similar things ?

:) j.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

Ehh, funny? No. Code that obviously wasn't optimized? Yes. But we all write unoptimized code. That doesn't make it funny.

All that I see wrong with the code and presumably what the OP finds "funny" is the fact that the function can be re-written to:

Func _GetIconID($nID, $sFile)
    If $nID > 0 Then
        $nID = -$nID
    ElseIf $nID < 0 Then
        $nID = -($nID + 1)
    EndIf

Return $nID
EndFunc ;==>_GetIconID
Obviously much shorter and as far as I can tell functionally equivalent. It can still be further reduced but that just starts adding confusion to a bit of code that's already confusing enough.

Func _GetIconID2($nID, $sFile)
    Return -$nID - ($nID < 0)
EndFunc ;==>_GetIconID2

maybe you missed out the last abbreviation to the code.

better stay serious and humorless, smiling harms !!!!

the other chat Brett probably means, is:

Chat

General non-AutoIt chat.

j.
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

Func _GetIconID2($nID, $sFile)
     Return -$nID - ($nID < 0)
 EndFunc;==>_GetIconID2

maybe you missed out the last abbreviation to the code.

better stay serious and humorless, smiling harms !!!!

the other chat Brett probably means, is:

j.

You're right, I didn't see it. Now that I do I'll comment: it's bad code. The comparison $nID < 0 returns a boolean value, not a numeric value. We make no guarantee what the value of True and False is numerically. So the original, verbose code is better than yours because it will work correctly and doesn't rely on an unguaranteed boolean to numeric conversion.

You're right, I didn't see it. Now that I do I'll comment: it's bad code. The comparison $nID < 0 returns a boolean value, not a numeric value. We make no guarantee what the value of True and False is numerically. So the original, verbose code is better than yours because it will work correctly and doesn't rely on an unguaranteed boolean to numeric conversion.

You've just made this thread a whole lot more funny.