Asking for a variable once?

Is there a way to just ask the user for a variable ONCE? I need to save their login data.. is there a way to do this? Maybe I could save it to a textfile, and read? Any thoughts?

Global $arr[2]

$arr[0]="hip"
$arr[1]="hip"
;^^ hip hip array. ^^

Is there a way to just ask the user for a variable ONCE? I need to save their login data.. is there a way to do this? Maybe I could save it to a textfile, and read? Any thoughts?

im not sure quite what to do as you can guess but how does html use its remember me type things for when you log in, could be a usefull for you??

$file = FileExists ("c:\first.txt")
if $file = 0 then
inputbox("Question", "Enter variable")
_FileCreate("c:\first.txt")
endif

Looks if file.txt exists, if it does then it will return if not it will ask for their input.

You can use _filewriteline() to write the variable to the text and use _filereadline() to retrieve it

Edited by TheTex

im not sure quite what to do as you can guess but how does html use its remember me type things for when you log in, could be a usefull for you??

If a webpage is remembering something, it's obviously not just HTML, seeing as how HTML can't do that. They would have to be using javascript/php/etc.

$file = FileExists ("c:\first.txt")
if $file = 0 then
inputbox("Question", "Enter variable")
_FileCreate("c:\first.txt")
endif

Looks if file.txt exists, if it does then it will return if not it will ask for their input.

You can use _filewriteline() to write the variable to the text and use _filereadline() to retrieve it

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Global $arr[2]

$arr[0]="hip"
$arr[1]="hip"
;^^ hip hip array. ^^