*Request* AIM OCR

Was woundering if anyone had some spare time and wanted to make a AIM ORC. I want to be able to put it on a friends computer and be able to type something into aim and have it execute a program.

Just an idea. if anyone is willing to do it, it would be great thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AIM has an infinate number of fonts (whatever's on the system really), so this would be an infinate loop. Granted, most (legible) fonts have similar structure, but take Arial for example, type an "O" (letter), now type "0" (zero) now type lower case "o". Now take a good old fasioned one, TERMINAL, and do the same thing.

Not all fonts are as idiot proof as TERMINAL....trust me, I work with the results of OCR programs on a daily basis and they're good, but they get screwey on 6 and G, the above example (0, O and o) tosses it for a loop, even the 3 and E can get hacked about. Dyslexic program anyone?

In all honesty, I think this is equivelant to asking for the moon if you're not willing to fork over some cash. The only way you'll get one free is probably to write it yourself.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

wouldnt it be possible to just have the commands as variables and then when someone types something, then it activates that varibles functiong

correct my code if im wrong im pretty much a noob:

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "terminate")

$runnotepad = "run notepad"
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2);match any part of title
$partialTitle = " - Instant Message";enter screen name
While 1
    sleep(10);to prevent blowing up your cpu
    WinWait(" - Instant Message", $runnotepad);enter screen name
    send("#r")
    WinWaitActive("Run")
    Send("notepad.exe{ENTER}")
    $fullTitle = WinGetTitle($partialTitle)

;change title so that WinWait will not keep matching the same window!!
    $newTitle = StringReplace($fullTitle, "Instant Message", "Instant Msg")
    WinSetTitle($fullTitle, "", $newTitle)
WEnd

Func terminate()
        Exit
        EndFunc

that is my way of doing it... there might be other ways thanks to larry for help with code..

make sure you enter the screen name before the - Instant message

im working on one of these things too

maybe i should shut up instead of bursting into a half read post but.....

why not use wintitlematchmode2

then....

have the script wait for certain windows to open (instant messages from different users)

then...

you can send an instant message from a different screenname, and you wouldnt have to type anything.

a different screenname for every different function.

the script detects an instant message from a certain user, and then does some function according to what screenname sent the instant message.

so whenever you want the script to do something, you just send the computer its running on, an instant message from a preset list of names that you made to do whatever it is you want

it sounds brilliant to me, but im slightly stoned right now

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

In my opinion that's a horrible solution, if a solution at all. Just parse the window tex.

Here is me messaging myself:

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<
<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#d4d0c8"><FONT FACE="" SIZE=1><A HREF="aim:BuddyIcon?ScreenName=insolence9dotcom"></FONT><FONT BACK="#d4d0c8" FACE="" SIZE=1>A</FONT></BODY></HTML>
<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#d4d0c8"><FONT FACE="" SIZE=1><A HREF="aim:BuddyIcon?ScreenName=insolence9dotcom"></FONT><FONT BACK="#d4d0c8" FACE="" SIZE=1>A</FONT></BODY></HTML
<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#004080"><B><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" LANG="0">insolence9dotcom<!-- (3:06:53 PM)--></B></FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" BACK="#004080">:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#fefefe" FACE="Verdana" SIZE=1>asdfafsd</FONT><BR>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#004080"><B><FONT COLOR="#ff0000" FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=3>insolence9dotcom<!-- (3:06:53 PM)--></B>:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#fefefe" FACE="Verdana" SIZE=1>asdfafsd</FONT></BODY></HTML>
<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#004080"><B><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" LANG="0">insolence9dotcom<!-- (3:06:53 PM)--></B></FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" BACK="#004080">:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#fefefe" FACE="Verdana" SIZE=1>

asdfafsd

</FONT><BR>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#004080"><B><FONT COLOR="#ff0000" FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=3>insolence9dotcom<!-- (3:06:53 PM)--></B>:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#fefefe" FACE="Verdana" SIZE=1>

asdfafsd

</FONT></BODY></HTML
<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#d4d0c8"><FONT FACE="" SIZE=1><A HREF="aim:BuddyIcon?ScreenName=insolence9dotcom"></FONT><FONT BACK="#d4d0c8" FACE="" SIZE=1>A</FONT></BODY></HTML>
<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#d4d0c8"><FONT FACE="" SIZE=1><A HREF="aim:BuddyIcon?ScreenName=insolence9dotcom"></FONT><FONT BACK="#d4d0c8" FACE="" SIZE=1>A</FONT></BODY></HTML
&Send
&Warn
Bloc&k
Send &Instant Message...
Get AIM &Exp[b][/b]ressions
Play Games
Start Live Video
&Talk
&Chat
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.